pinephone in germany (telefonica) ?
has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

thank you very much and happy new year !
(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.
(01-11-2021, 12:09 PM)InternetQuatsch Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.

Update: with the latest nightly build of Mobian (2021 1 13 and apt update and upgrade) i finaly got working mobile Data today. Daily driver test here i come! So i guess it is possible depending on the Distro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 14 835 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: john_doe
Heart What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? kern707 55 6,544 Yesterday, 12:16 PM
Last Post: john_doe
  Games on Pinephone gamerminstrel 8 2,374 05-14-2021, 10:30 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  How should pinephone integrate with Desktop? gamerminstrel 3 170 05-14-2021, 10:45 AM
Last Post: rogerco
  PinePhone 3GB/32GB for sale Xray2000 6 381 05-14-2021, 06:38 AM
Last Post: BrandNewPinephone
  PinePhone SIM slot Niek 4 768 05-14-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: ganaxe
  HDMI troubles with Pinephone beta edition caveman250 8 672 05-14-2021, 12:36 AM
Last Post: xanedarel
  Pinephone regulatory approval in Japan b.tomik 9 3,336 05-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: ngkz
  GPS map navigation for PinePhone or PineTab? and other questions... c_mmxx 5 2,707 05-12-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: wibble
  List of Pinephone browsers Gamey 6 2,003 05-12-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Gamey