New version of MCUBoot bootloader : I need your help!
The little blue pine logo sounds like the reloader application.

The reloader is an application (e.g. a payload booted by mcuboot) that will overwrite the old bootloader with a new one. Most importantly the reloader never sets the flag that tells mcuboot there is a successful boot... so after it has rewriten the bootloader and the device is rebooted then new bootloader will immediately returns favour and overwrites the reloader application and restore Infinitime.

It sounds a little complex but the main purpose of the reloader is to be all or nothing. Either we pass some checksum tests and overwrite the bootloader or we fail and don't attempt to overwrite anything at all. If is (hopefully... and assuming the battery is fully charged) very unlikely that the reloader will fail part way through and brick the watch.

PS I'm not 100% sure but I suspect the third logo is from the tool JF wrote to program the recovery slot.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye

Messages In This Thread
RE: New version of MCUBoot bootloader : I need your help! - by danielt - 02-01-2021, 08:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information PineTime Updater for Flashing New Bootloader and FreeRTOS Firmware lupyuen 2 4,700 07-31-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  MCUBoot Bootloader for PineTime lupyuen 2 5,085 05-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  common bootloader? Jeeves 15 17,717 05-11-2020, 05:34 AM
Last Post: danielt
  wasp-bootloader: a robust SoftDevice bootloader for PineTime danielt 3 4,867 04-14-2020, 05:31 AM
Last Post: danielt