Bluetooth Calling in the Car
I haven’t yet been able to get my phone to sync up properly to my head unit in my car or the stock one in my truck to make phone calls. It connects over Bluetooth but that’s about as far as it goes function wise. Is there any way to get this to work or is that just a function we will have to wait for down the road? I haven’t tested if it will play music over Bluetooth as it’s a new head unit but I will test that tomorrow
Which OS and hardware version? The hardware version probably won't matter, but is worth having just in case. The OS, and when you last updated it, may be the key.

I can't comment on calls, but for media playback it used to work with my Brave Heart and an old Jabra BT3030 on Mobian. I haven't tried recently.
I just checked and I can connect and play music over my car system but the call logs and phone book don’t sync and when I make a call from the phone it doesn’t come over the car speakers or head unit. I’m running the latest Manjaro Phosh Beta 3 from the testing branch. I remember when I was running Mobian it was the same situation in my truck where music plays but calling doesn’t work
(12-22-2020, 02:46 PM)LMalilil Wrote: I just checked and I can connect and play music over my car system but the call logs and phone book don’t sync and when I make a call from the phone it doesn’t come over the car speakers or head unit. I’m running the latest Manjaro Phosh Beta 3 from the testing branch. I remember when I was running Mobian it was the same situation in my truck where music plays but calling doesn’t work

I also have the same problem with my car's system and mobian, I coupled the two in bluetooth without any problem but the modem and the car don't understand each other and the synchronization of the contacts doesn't work.

I opened a mobian issue here :

https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/76
We need to narrow down which bits are and aren't working here, and which Bluetooth profiles and versions they're related to. There's a good chance we're missing support for the phone end of some profiles as so far most linux development is on the desktop end, connecting to the phone, rather than the other way around.

Music playback uses A2DP for the audio transfer, and should be pretty solid.
AVRCP covers the remote control of media playback, with capabilities depending on the version.
The Headset Profile (HSP) and Hands Free Profile (HFP) may both be implemented by cars and headsets. HSP is pretty minimal (audio, ring, answer/hangup, volume) while HFP is more capable, again with more capabilities added in later versions.
Phonebook Access Profile - I suspect we don't have an implementation of the server side of this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth Handsfree Bounty conifera 14 1,040 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: JohnA
  Handsfree bluetooth calls conifera 0 778 02-28-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: conifera
  Bluetooth hands free AndyM 2 1,813 10-21-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  Bluetooth hands free AndyM 4 2,625 10-19-2021, 03:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Anyone have successfully used Wi-Fi calling RodneyMyers 6 7,775 10-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Phone Calling - Extremely Bad Quality mischmerz 5 5,781 09-21-2020, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  Emulators and bluetooth controllers compatibility deedend 2 3,025 09-09-2020, 02:10 AM
Last Post: nas