OS Update
Does the check for updates in system settings About and Updates download and install new OS releases?
I am running the Ubuntu Touch 2020-09-18 release that was installed when I powered up the first time out of the box, or do I need to download and flash the drive manually to get the newest stable version?
by default the ubports install on ootb tabs uses their stable channel and all updates are performed through that section of the system settings. even os updates.
(12-17-2020, 10:24 AM)tophneal Wrote: by default the ubports install on ootb tabs uses their stable channel and all updates are performed through that section of the system settings. even os updates.
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for the latest update and the fixes in it.
You can switch channels in software updates
1 Now with Pinephone Pro (used to have Pinephone and Pinetab) cooking on Mobian - Seasoned Ubuntu user since 2007
2 Known to break things - often
3 Sometimes known to fix things then see 2 above
I'm still on 16.04 (2020-09-18), Last Updated 11/18/20.  When I go to Updates >> Update Settings, "Channels" is "Stable", selecting that doesn't give me any more options.

When I go to About, there's no option for "Developer Settings," so I'm unable to update via adb as described here:
https://ubports.com/blog/ubport-blogs-ne...lease-3736

sudo system-image-cli -v -p 0 --progress dots

Perhaps I can do that from a terminal, but I'm not sure.  Anyone have input?
(12-24-2020, 02:08 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote: You can switch channels in software updates
I'm on the develoment channel and have to stick there as somewhere along the way I could no longer run the Terminal, file manager and some menus in System Settings.
I tried to update this way, but it crashes with an error:

sudo system-image-cli -v -p 0 --progress dots

As far as I can make out, I"ll have to install a new image from scratch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma Update broken? Corkonian 0 458 11-03-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Corkonian
  update has broken angelfish browser? john_s4 10 1,597 09-20-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: john_s4