Java Installations and Compatibility
Hello everyone, 

This is my first post here so if I am posting in the wrong location or format please let me know. I hope to start to become active in these forums as I learn more about the Pinebook Pro. 

I have been testing various relatively simple programs on the PBP to get myself acquainted with it. I decided to see how old school Runescape works/runs and if I would encounter any problems. Of all the things I have done with the PBP since it arrived a week or so ago this has by far given me the most difficulty, and unless I missed something in the requirements to play I believe it boils down to a java problem. I have downloaded various forms of java, java web apps to attempt to get it to run in the browser, and tried switching between default versions to get it to run. The launchers crash or never show a GUI, and the browser remains blank. 

Has anyone encountered similar difficulties with other java based programs? I recognize the answer here may be relatively obvious but as an enthusiastic beginner I cant help but feel there is something I am missing. 

I really appreciate any help, insight, or pointers in advance, thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Java Installations and Compatibility - by General_Jacob - 12-15-2020, 04:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minecraft Java on the Pinebok Pro BenniTec 1 1,433 07-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Last Post: branon
  Openjdk-11-jdk / Java on Arm64 AJN 2 6,948 01-25-2020, 01:57 AM
Last Post: xmixahlx