Report from the bleeding edge: calling / texting
I had the same issue with the speaker phone. I turned off the micro switch for the headphones (switch6), ensured the sound setting was set to internal speaker, and that seemed to solve the problem of all calls going to the speaker phone. Turning off the headphones was not a problem for me as I have no volume control for calls. It's all full blast, which almost ruptured my eardrum the one time I tried using earbuds. Right now, I have to use "manual" volume control, i.e., not holding the speaker directly over my ear.

The dial pad works for me during calls. What does not work is tapping Speaker. Calls remain on the internal speaker.

I agree with the Chatty issues. It would be really nice to have a Resend function. Holding down on a text pops up a menu that only says Copy. It will copy text, but the only way I've been able to paste text back into the entry box is by using Ctrl-V on the terminal keyboard. This is how I have been able to resend a text.

I also see the phosh double taps. It seems to come and go around connecting the power cable. Side note: Knowing, now, that phosh is responsible for this might explain why when I "rc-update del" the gpsd_pinephone service the unlock screen wouldn't recognize finger taps. If phosh is doing some kind of GPS check or depends on that service, that could be causing it to malfunction. Otherwise, I can't see why killing the GPS service would cause the unlock screen to malfunction.

But the biggest issue I have is that the sound settings disappear at random. When this happens, the System Volume slider in Settings->Sound is all the way off (not muted). None of the input or output pull downs contain any information and cannot be activated to be set. Interestingly, the volume indicator on the screen drop down (the display that appears when tapping the top of the screen) indicates the sound is active. When the settings disappear, the phone does not ring, offer the audible alert when receiving a text, and cannot be used for making calls. This problem is the one thing keeping this phone from being my daily driver. I can live with all of the other problems, but this one makes the phone undependable. I haven't been able to determine if the sound or settings are driven by a service, or how to restore the settings without a reboot. It would be nice to be able to restore the settings even if through the terminal (seems I live in the terminal). I've looked in /var/log/dmesg for errors but don't see any and can't seem to find any log file that would be relevant. If anybody has any suggestions on this, I'd really appreciate it.

uname -a = Linux pine64-pinephone 5.9.1 #2-postmarketos-allwinner SMP Mon Nov 2 09:26:33 UTC 2020 aarch64 Linux

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report from the bleeding edge: calling / texting - by PaulO - 12-30-2020, 07:11 PM
Periodic update Mid May - by jmorris - 05-16-2021, 11:00 AM
RE: Periodic update Mid May - by mudflap - 05-30-2021, 06:14 AM
RE: Periodic update Mid May - by kqlnut - 05-31-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Periodic update Mid May - by mudflap - 05-31-2021, 07:45 AM
RE: Periodic update Mid May - by DylanVanAssche - 05-31-2021, 10:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma mobile latest stable @pp1.2b voice calling audio issue n05ph3r42 3 756 10-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  pmos/phosh edge update and audio disappears robthebold 9 5,451 07-10-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  Texting works (But...) Zweitaktmotor 7 9,890 05-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: nieral
  No sound on edge posh since an update 2 days ago ? winktheman 2 3,303 05-27-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: winktheman
  Contact app broken on edge jmorris 3 10,368 05-03-2021, 04:49 AM
Last Post: janvlug