Existing CAD model for PineCube?
I'd love to print a case for the PineCube so I don't break anything while I'm moving it around. Does a CAD model exist already in any capacity?
(11-30-2020, 06:04 PM)symbol_reform Wrote: I'd love to print a case for the PineCube so I don't break anything while I'm moving it around. Does a CAD model exist already in any capacity?

WE are currently getting case designer to design the PineCube case. Once available, I will post the 3D file at wiki site. This will takes few weeks to accomplish.
(12-06-2020, 01:36 AM)tllim Wrote: Once available, I will post the 3D file at wiki site. This will takes few weeks to accomplish.

Awesome! I look forward to it, thanks.
(12-15-2020, 04:53 PM)symbol_reform Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:36 AM)tllim Wrote: Once available, I will post the 3D file at wiki site. This will takes few weeks to accomplish.

Awesome! I look forward to it, thanks.

You are welcome :-)
It looks like the PineCube case design made it into the December update (https://files.pine64.org/doc/PineCube/Pi...e%203D.zip). The post calls out STLs, but it appears to be SolidWorks files (.sldprt and .sldasm). No STLs it seems, can we get a re-upload of STEP files or STLs?
(12-16-2020, 10:04 AM)symbol_reform Wrote: It looks like the PineCube case design made it into the December update (https://files.pine64.org/doc/PineCube/Pi...e%203D.zip). The post calls out STLs, but it appears to be SolidWorks files (.sldprt and .sldasm). No STLs it seems, can we get a re-upload of STEP files or STLs?
In the blog post, somebody requested STEP files. The comments are now down, but I wrote that I managed to import some of the files from Solidworks in Solid Edge. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the main assembly file, possibly because the filenames are in Chinese. The main "3D.sldasm" assembly file should contain everything (case, electronics boards, hardware etc.) but it only contains a few parts.

I wrote that if anybody thought it would still be of use, I could export what I have to STEP - I didn't get replies. I don't know enough about the project to rebuild the complete assembly.
I also would love STL files so I can 3D print.

I'm guessing supplied files are for lazer cutting of acrylic? That would be fine, I/we can do the rest to make a 3D printable model from those, but need a common format (STL) please.
No, the files aren't 2D, they're 3D. The parts could be 3D printed, but certainly not laser cut. You'd have to modify the design extensively for that.

Edit: I'm not finding the files on my personal PC (from which I'm currently replying), they must be on my work PC from which I log off at the end of the day. I'll try to remember to copy the files tomorrow.
Hi, I'm drawing a housing in 3mm acrylic, is what I have on hand ... you still missing some details, I hope to finish it soon

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...4hMRuYX4w4
(03-10-2021, 11:06 PM)NormandC Wrote: No, the files aren't 2D, they're 3D. The parts could be 3D printed, but certainly not laser cut. You'd have to modify the design extensively for that.

Edit: I'm not finding the files on my personal PC (from which I'm currently replying), they must be on my work PC from which I log off at the end of the day. I'll try to remember to copy the files tomorrow.
Sorry, I've looked and I haven't found the converted files anywhere. I may have deleted them after seeing no interest for them (I had posted about it on the PINE64 blog).

I'll have to start the conversion process again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you sell a ready-made housing for the PineCube camera? Mikoduso 1 4,610 10-05-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Mikoduso
Video Examples of surveillance video recordings via PineCube? Mikoduso 0 1,115 03-26-2022, 12:21 PM
  What is the operating temperature of the PineCube? Mikoduso 0 1,001 03-26-2022, 12:13 PM
  setting a fixed Mac address on a PineCube ajellisuk 3 3,132 11-29-2021, 07:36 PM
Last Post: lgtrombetta
  Can PineCube stream 720p60fps? epoliqui 1 2,412 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: barray
  Unable to configure mmc2 on pinecube in 4 bit SDIO mode doode 1 2,378 05-06-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: doode