how to import contacts from sim cards
Is there a way to do that with mobian? Or at least from vcf files.
you should get familiar with documentation of mobian and search function in this forum ^^. Nevertheless I've written this:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid84184

which is a workaround how to fix a known problem but also lists the link to the mobian docu how to import the vcf
(11-30-2020, 09:02 AM)cybercow Wrote: Is there a way to do that with mobian? Or at least from vcf files.

My solution was to install Evolution on my computer and import all VCF files. My old mobile makes many VCF file for one contact, so when the importation was done, I delete the unnecessary contacts.

Because I've never used Evolution before, the configuration is fresh for the contacts. All contacts are stored in a file, this file must be push on the Pinephone.

For me, the Contact's file is : ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db
Copy the file to : /home/mobian/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db
Thumbs Up 
(11-30-2020, 04:21 PM)Gribouille Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 09:02 AM)cybercow Wrote: Is there a way to do that with mobian? Or at least from vcf files.

My solution was to install Evolution on my computer and import all VCF files. My old mobile makes many VCF file for one contact, so when the importation was done, I delete the unnecessary contacts.

Because I've never used Evolution before, the configuration is fresh for the contacts. All contacts are stored in a file, this file must be push on the Pinephone.

For me, the Contact's file is : ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db
Copy the file to : /home/mobian/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db

Thanks, this worked great! I found that it was possible to export the contacts in my flip phone to a vcf file via bluetooth to my Linux desktop, so after doing that I installed Evolution, imported the vcf file, copied as you indicated, rebooted the Pinephone and all my contacts are there!
Seams like the evolution version actually in the mobian repo is pretty much incompatible with every file produced by the Phone i reactivated for the workaround and also the evolution actually in debian stable Sad Or it is me just having a broken install of evolution . . .
I had 0 problems while following the documentation. Can you describe your problem in more details?
(12-02-2020, 10:59 AM)cybercow Wrote: Seams like the evolution version actually in the mobian repo is pretty much incompatible with every file produced by the Phone i reactivated for the workaround and also the evolution actually in debian stable Sad Or it is me just having a broken install of evolution . . .

Probably just you with a broken evolution.  I also had no problems following that procedure.
(12-02-2020, 04:19 PM)dcarvil Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:59 AM)cybercow Wrote: Seams like the evolution version actually in the mobian repo is pretty much incompatible with every file produced by the Phone i reactivated for the workaround and also the evolution actually in debian stable Sad Or it is me just having a broken install of evolution . . .

Probably just you with a broken evolution.  I also had no problems following that procedure.
lol seams like the copying process preserfed owner und rights of the files so i had to do
Code:
chmode mobian <filename/>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts mark1250 3 1,283 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mark1250
  Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts biketool 9 3,764 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Add contacts with VCF files Bouc 12 16,494 05-20-2022, 07:26 AM
Last Post: kebab
  Deleting telephone contacts Emilio 4 2,431 02-18-2022, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Synchronizing: How do you sync / synchronize Calendar and Contacts with your desktop? Anna 15 13,772 11-04-2021, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Maus
  gnome-contacts not showing call nor sms button cafe 2 2,647 02-11-2021, 01:31 AM
Last Post: cafe