LCD driver
Dear Tllim ,
Can we have the LCD driver binary or source code?
I want to use my 7 inch panel with remix OS.
What good is a LCD panel you can't use to prototype with? I don't want to be android dependant.

Thanks,
Glychee
(06-01-2016, 03:39 PM)Glychee Wrote: Dear Tllim ,
What good is a LCD panel you can't use to prototype with? I don't want to be android dependant.

Thanks,
Glychee

Pine is supporting the board as well as AllWinner supports open source...

Thanks,
Glychee

Ha!  Even the LCD build for Lollipop is bug-riddled - Bluetooth doesn't work with the stock Pine supplied Wifi/BT module!

I want Linux support for the LCD Touchpanel... don't see that ever happening - there should be a proviso against it in the "shop" saying "Android Lollipop support only" when you buy it...
Exactly the reason I try asking tllim nicely, he has better contacts with the lcd manufacturer and maybe he can get permission from them to give us code. At this point iI'm just hoping for the best, else i'll have to buy one of those 5 inch HDMI lcd's off ebay and throw my pine lcd in the bin.

Thanks,
Glychee

I will check with Remix folks whether they can compile a build for LCD version. As my understanding, the LCD driver already on the Linux BSP release.
(06-01-2016, 09:56 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks,
Glychee

I will check with Remix folks whether they can compile a build for LCD version. As my understanding, the LCD driver already on the Linux BSP release.
Which Linux BSP release?  

There's just so many posts, and builds, and rebuilds - and updates and EVERY Linux build is "BSP" isn't it?  The Debian Jessie XFCE build I was using is based on a BSP kernel release - yet no output on the "stock" Pine supplied LCD touchpanel...  Crikey!  I'd probably just be happy to have it as a display, and forgo "touch"...  I'm already planning to abandon trying to get the Pine "stock" LCD Touchpanel working with Pine "stock" boards, and plug it into my BananaPI (sans touch)
I wasn't aware the lcd would work with the display ports of other ports? You still need a driver right?
I've completely given up on the idea of use the 7" LCD - I was prepared to lose "touch" and just run it off my BananaPI - when my wife asked me turn our new printer round so her boss could check the envelope feeder on the back - when I put one corner of the printer down ON TOP of the lego case I had one of my Pines hosted in with the 7" LCD mounted - and cracked the screen! DOH!
I was under the impression that all the images would support the 7" LCD touch screen. Even if the touch portion didn't work on all the images, I have a wireless keyboard/mouse to use.

I thought my screen was DOA, then Luke pointed out that there is only one image that supports it. It does kind of defeats what I had planned to do with it. Hopefully future Linux builds will support it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LCD panel Driver IC MIPIguy 1 3,330 08-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: tllim