Can't unlock SIM
Hi everyone

I recently bought a PP comunity edition , and i've been trying out most of majors OS 'manjaro , mobian , Ubuntu Touch ,...) now come the turn of SAILFISH wich is for now the smoothest one but , i just encountered a probleme i did not on any of the other OS's the SIM card won't unlock .

It is detected allright as i'm prompted with the unlock sim card screen at phone's startup , if i enter a incorrect pin code on purpose it tells me "wrong pin" but as soon as i enter the correct one ... nothing happens i touch the tick symbol and nothing happens , so utimately i'm forced to ignore this step and i can use every other functions of my phone except the phone related ones (sic).

if i try to unlock it from the settings-->security--->SIM it doesn't work either .

I'm really enthusiatic about the pinephone ,and would really like to get android free , sailfish seem to offer a good balance between user experience/functionality so i'm kinda frustrated about the whole phone not working thing , if anyone coudl help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank a lot
(11-27-2020, 11:11 AM)Theo74 Wrote: Hi everyone

I recently bought a PP comunity edition , and i've been trying out most of majors OS 'manjaro , mobian , Ubuntu Touch ,...) now come the turn of SAILFISH wich is for now the smoothest one but , i just encountered a probleme i did not on any of the other OS's the SIM card won't unlock .

It is detected allright as i'm prompted with the unlock sim card screen at phone's startup , if i enter a incorrect pin code on purpose it tells me "wrong pin" but as soon as i enter the correct one ... nothing happens i touch the tick symbol and nothing happens , so utimately i'm forced to ignore this step and i can use every other functions of my phone except the phone related ones (sic).

if i try to unlock it from the settings-->security--->SIM it doesn't work either .

I'm really enthusiatic about the pinephone ,and would really like to get android free , sailfish seem to offer a good balance between user experience/functionality so i'm kinda frustrated about the whole phone not working thing , if anyone coudl help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank a lot
Yes I am having the same issue and been trying to figure it out for days. They seen to be the closest to an android layout.
Same here on v 3.3.0.16
(11-28-2020, 08:24 AM)Csanderson0313 Wrote:

Thank a lot
Yes I am having the same issue and been trying to figure it out for days. They seen to be the closest to an android layout.
Same here on v 3.3.0.16...
(01-14-2021, 05:29 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Thank a lot
Remove SIM lock using Android phone.
(01-16-2021, 06:47 AM)Veraendert Wrote:

Thank a lot
Thanks man, it worked. Feeling a bit retarded now.
(01-16-2021, 08:26 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Thank a lot
We've all been there. Enjoy SFOS!
(01-16-2021, 12:53 PM)Veraendert Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 08:26 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 08:24 AM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: Yes I am having the same issue and been trying to figure it out for days. They seen to be the closest to an android layout.
We've all been there. Enjoy SFOS!
Went on with Mobian for now , but many thanks all the same to you @Veraendert !!
There seems to be a solution to the sim pin unlock problem:
https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevi.../issues/16
https://git.sailfishos.org/neochapay/ofono/issues/1
Any chance we can get it into current image built with flash-it.sh script?