Status of Bluetooth in Android Lolipop
Does the stock bluetooth module currently work under android? I've heard some conflicting statements around and I just wanted to clear it up for sure.
In my experience - no... Doesn't working in the Lollipop build for LCD Touchpanel... Doesn't work in the Debian Jessie XFCE4 build either... just doesn't work! And I'm not about to hop around trying different Android builds to see if I can get Bluetooth to work...

Imagine if you bought a device from a vendor, and the software from the vendor didn't support the device?
(06-01-2016, 07:37 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: In my experience - no...  Doesn't working in the Lollipop build for LCD Touchpanel...  Doesn't work in the Debian Jessie XFCE4 build either...  just doesn't work!  And I'm not about to hop around trying different Android builds to see if I can get Bluetooth to work...

Imagine if you bought a device from a vendor, and the software from the vendor didn't support the device?

I was running into the same issues, however I've been able to get the bluetooth working with Remix OS. Just installed it and bluetooth functions. Now if only I can get the ethernet working lol.
My bluetooth works with Android, so yes, it works.
(06-01-2016, 01:42 PM)Bloodyraw Wrote: My bluetooth works with Android, so yes, it works.

Are you using a bluetooth dongle or the module from the kickstarter? Curious so I can know for my own use-case scenario.
(06-01-2016, 03:26 PM)Rumen Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 01:42 PM)Bloodyraw Wrote: My bluetooth works with Android, so yes, it works.

Are you using a bluetooth dongle or the module from the kickstarter? Curious so I can know for my own use-case scenario.

Rumen - in my case I'm using the board-attached module "hat" from kickstarter (forgot to mention that at the top)...  never thought to use a USB BT dongle - but I don't see why I should have to...  So I won't...   Sad Sad Angry Angry Huh Huh Undecided Undecided

anyway - I'd like to know, too, if Bloodyraw is using a dongle or the "stock" WiFi/BT module from Pine (note - the WiFi bit of the module works for me in Debian Jessie XFCE4 build, DietPi and Android Lollipop for LCD Touchpanel build)

The reasons I don't want to try like a BAZILLION different Android builds :
1. Don't really want Android - I want Linux support for the "stock" Pine supplied LCD Touchpanel (never mentioned in the fine print when I signed up to buy the touchpanel as well as 2 x 2 GB pine boards and 2 x stock pine WiFi/BT modules).
2. If I have to have Android, then I want root...
3. If I have to have Android - I want "dd" images and none of this PhoenixCard BULLS-IT
4. If I want to use my NEXT-TO-USELESS "stock" Pine supplied LCD Touchpanel, I am FORCED to use that build of Lollipop...

sorry if I sound whiny - but I am pretty p!ssed with this whole mess...  and I'm sure I'm not alone in my p!ssed-offedness...

And to think - I nearly almost shelled out to buy one of those NexDock Lapdock devices to use with one of my Pine 2GB boards...

You NEED bluetooth to use the mouse and keyboard on them!
I've been able to get the wireless/bluetooth module to work on remix OS.

If you check the software page there are rooted dd images for Android OS as of may 5th. Not sure about Lcd support though but they do appear to support Bluetooth from posts here and the software page on the wiki. I'm hoping to try the rooted android tomorrow and see what I can get done.

About the remix OS it's not rooted and does not appear to be root able at the current time.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
The newest versions of Android have bluetooth supported. I'm using the "stock" module.

I'm using Android 5.1.1 rooted version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,697 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,148 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,518 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,861 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,931 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,518 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,289 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,715 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,492 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,759 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus