2020-11-13 Image status.
(04-22-2021, 02:41 PM)fdlamotte Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:09 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Yes, the automatic rotation is enable, but in landscape mode, the keyboard's size is smaller than in portrait mode :-(
But, the developers are on the good road and the automatic rotation is very useful  Smile

you should try my keyboard in landscape Wink
I've try your files in portrait and landscape mode Smile

I've begin to modify the file associated to the portrait mode for my usage. First modification, I've replaced '@' by '~' in 'fr.yaml', now I must try with the wide version of your keyboard.

About the wide version in landscape mode, it is a very wide keyboard  Wink   Just a little big to use it with vim in a console, but I'm going to look at the YAM file to adapt the size.

Very good files and easy to understand.

I've noticed that for the 'SMS' or 'Editor' applications, the '~' was changed to '@' like in the original file, but for 'King's Cross' and 'Terminal' it's '~'. How configure the keyboard's layout for each application, can you explain ?

Thank you !
(04-25-2021, 01:01 PM)Gribouille Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 02:41 PM)fdlamotte Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:09 AM)Gribouille Wrote: Yes, the automatic rotation is enable, but in landscape mode, the keyboard's size is smaller than in portrait mode :-(
But, the developers are on the good road and the automatic rotation is very useful  Smile

you should try my keyboard in landscape Wink
I've try your files in portrait and landscape mode Smile

I've begin to modify the file associated to the portrait mode for my usage. First modification, I've replaced '@' by '~' in 'fr.yaml', now I must try with the wide version of your keyboard.

About the wide version in landscape mode, it is a very wide keyboard  Wink   Just a little big to use it with vim in a console, but I'm going to look at the YAM file to adapt the size.

Very good files and easy to understand.

I've noticed that for the 'SMS' or 'Editor' applications, the '~' was changed to '@' like in the original file, but for 'King's Cross' and 'Terminal' it's '~'. How configure the keyboard's layout for each application, can you explain ?

Thank you !
Thank you for the feedback, I'm happy you consider it to base your work upon

I think you must have two distinct layout. fr.yaml and terminal/fr.yaml ... the second one is the terminal keyboard and the first, the default one. I, too use the same keyboard for both ...

And to test your layout, simply switch between portrait and landscape, squeekboard will reload the keyboard ...
  • SMS and Calls :  two day ago, someone call me and had let a vocal message, but no alert on the Pinephone. Today, fives calls, five vocal messages but no alert. Test of the application 'SMS' with a friend, the SMS is received, the phone display the numerical keyboard to unlock the phone and nothing else, no vibration, no sound.
Hello,

Since few days, when the phone stay in standby, the modem disappear. Even a shutdown or a reboot has no effect.

Software bug ? Hardware problem ?

An idea ?
Two days without problem with the modem : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid95980
Hello,

Small graphic bugs : the size of the screen is not good.

If I send a SMS to a new contact, the arrow to send the SMS is not visible. I can see it when I switch in landscape mode. Same thing for the 'Parameters' application in some case.

When I reply by SMS to a discussion, there is no problem to send the message, the arrow is visible.
A bad day yesterday for my PinePhone : small drop on the parquet floor. No visible defect, the glass is not broken. But now, I'm not able to give my passphrase to unlock the PinePhone. All vertical line corresponding to the '3' is not responsive Sad
(07-05-2021, 12:29 AM)Gribouille Wrote: A bad day yesterday for my PinePhone : small drop on the parquet floor. No visible defect, the glass is not broken. But now, I'm not able to give my passphrase to unlock the PinePhone. All vertical line corresponding to the '3' is not responsive Sad
so sorry to hear!  Did it land  on the face or the back?  From personal  experience,  I think the  Pinephone is pretty  hardy.  Just a few months after receiving mine it slid down the dashboard landing on its face. (it was facing down and the glass got slippery) In addition to 3 medium long cracks, the top had some crushed  particles that was shedding. The phone itself seemed to work still.  Too chicken to try and  replace the screen I first put  some scotch  tape over the   crushed glass part so it wouldn't be shedding and cutting my finger, and then I ordered the screen protector, placed  it upside down covering the top, letting the long U be  at the bottom. It still works!  I confess, yesterday, it was  dropped again.  It didn't seem to affect the operations.  
Have you reseat the back cover, squeeze all surfaces to make sure everything is in place?

Good luck! Hope it start to work again!
(07-05-2021, 07:47 PM)HLing Wrote:
(07-05-2021, 12:29 AM)Gribouille Wrote: A bad day yesterday for my PinePhone : small drop on the parquet floor. No visible defect, the glass is not broken. But now, I'm not able to give my passphrase to unlock the PinePhone. All vertical line corresponding to the '3' is not responsive Sad
so sorry to hear!  Did it land  on the face or the back?  From personal  experience,  I think the  Pinephone is pretty  hardy.  Just a few months after receiving mine it slid down the dashboard landing on its face. (it was facing down and the glass got slippery) In addition to 3 medium long cracks, the top had some crushed  particles that was shedding. The phone itself seemed to work still.  Too chicken to try and  replace the screen I first put  some scotch  tape over the   crushed glass part so it wouldn't be shedding and cutting my finger, and then I ordered the screen protector, placed  it upside down covering the top, letting the long U be  at the bottom. It still works!  I confess, yesterday, it was  dropped again.  It didn't seem to affect the operations.  
Have you reseat the back cover, squeeze all surfaces to make sure everything is in place?

Good luck! Hope it start to work again!

Thank you for your encouragement. But ... nothing good to say today.

You can read the full story here : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...0#pid97250
When I see the improvements of the Mobian, I'm sad, because since more than 1 month, my PinePhone is always unusable because of the 'delamination' problem : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...3#pid99283 

I can't obtain some help from the support, even in the forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Most recent Mobian image or installer image known to work? DrPlamsa 13 4,616 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Last Post: SukiiPooru
  Fast image viewer? vusra 0 769 04-25-2022, 04:09 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 12 7,783 08-15-2021, 09:17 AM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Status update 2020-12-15 a-wai 33 35,271 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-06 AmazingNutria 6 6,871 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: daniel
  Why the 12/15/2020 build is no where near a daily driver yet TheLastDon 24 19,134 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: HLing
  Status update 2020-11-15 a-wai 17 16,325 12-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Status update 2020-09-05 a-wai 26 27,991 10-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Status update 2020-10-05 a-wai 8 8,608 10-08-2020, 03:20 AM
Last Post: dukla2000