2020-11-13 Image status.
'apt update && apt dist-upgrade && reboot' done as usual.

• USB-C Dock / Unable to unlock the phone :  this afternoon, I'm using the Pinephone as as monitor to see some videos stream (not very well, jerky), so I use the USB-C Dock and an Ethernet connection. Before to go to a shop, I've removed the connection and verify that the phone is always working. To make the test, I've called my Pinephone. After few rings, I stop the call to the Pinephone. The last application opened and not close is the 'Call' application. From this time, my Pinephone is locked, I can unlock it, the screen is completely unresponsive for some hours. I put the USB-C Dock again and I can unlock the Pinephone with my USB keyboard connected to the dock, for this I type the code to unlock the phone, but the screen is not responsive. After a reboot without the USB-C dock the screen is responsive and I can unlock the Pinephone.
To follow my usage of my phone, I complete the thread even I've posted in a other thread.

This morning impossible to power on, see https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...1#pid89681

Now, I make an "apt update && apt dist-upgrade && reboot".
  • Calls : now when I call my phone, it's ringing, but I must push the power button to see the Call's screen and push the blue button to take the line.

Now, after few minutes (look at the time stamp), when I call my Pinephone, the Call's screen appears and I can push the blue button to take the line.
  • Calls : I've missed a call, but good news, the contact's name was displayed in the list of calls  Smile But, It is not possible to callback the person when I tape on the icon of the phone. When I close the Call application and reopen it, I see the contact's phone number first, after an instant, the names are displayed. Now if a close and open the Call application, the names are seen  Huh
This morning it's not a good day  Sad

In an other thread : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...6#pid89766

Now, I see my Pinephone that has decided to make a power-off alone !

I've put the USB-C power cable, the led is green and nothing.  I remove the connector, the led stay green. Few seconds on the power button, the led is shutoff.  New action on the power button and I see ... "Mobian".

I've seen that the power level was low and indicated in red before that the Pinephone make a shutdown. Less than three hours ago, the level was more than 30 % (it was a minimum value) because I've plug on the phone roughly all the day.
Why the phone consume so energy now  Huh
"apt update && apt dist-upgrade && reboot" done this morining.

• Callls : just now, a friend call me, the contact is displayed with his name (not the phone number Smile  ) and I try to push the blue button : impossible to take the line. The tone change, become faster and continue. I close the Call application but the sound continue. When I launch the Call application, I can't respond to the call. At this moment I have the USB-C dock station connected with keyboard, mouse and screen. I've disconnected the USB-C dock, nothing change. To stop the sound, I've rebooted the smartphone. The problem is not new for me but I was difficult to report here before with confidence on the details.
(02-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Gribouille Wrote: This morning it's not a good day  Sad

In an other thread : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...6#pid89766

Now, I see my Pinephone that has decided to make a power-off alone !

I've put the USB-C power cable, the led is green and nothing.  I remove the connector, the led stay green. Few seconds on the power button, the led is shutoff.  New action on the power button and I see ... "Mobian".

I've seen that the power level was low and indicated in red before that the Pinephone make a shutdown. Less than three hours ago, the level was more than 30 % (it was a minimum value) because I've plug on the phone roughly all the day.
Why the phone consume so energy now  Huh

mobian seems to be falling apart. I also have a major complaint about how this distro/kernel treats the battery and charging.  I read Magi's notes on kernel tweaks for battery use, but I don't agree with not charging to 100% and I also don't agree with my phone showing it's at 12% when the voltage on the lithium cell is 3.6 volts.  That's garbage.

Here's the way it should be.  4.2 volts = 100% charged.  2.8 volts = 0% (dead).  Anything else is flat out robbing us of capacity and usage.
  • Notifications : The notifications seems frequently changed to 'silent mode', even if I set it in the parameters panel. More confusing, in silent mode, when the phone receive a call, the vibration is continue. In one case, I can't stop it even in closing all applications, a reboot solved the problem. But I confirm after a reboot, the silent is set to 'off' and notification is set to 'Sound and vibration', but I have only a very long vibration.
  • 'click' makes the camera ? : After a reboot, I can ear a series of  'click-click', without unlock the phone. When I use the camera and I switch between the front and the rear camera, it's the same sound.
(02-16-2021, 11:07 AM)Gribouille Wrote: "apt update && apt dist-upgrade && reboot" done this morining.

• Callls : just now, a friend call me, the contact is displayed with his name (not the phone number Smile  ) and I try to push the blue button : impossible to take the line. The tone change, become faster and continue. I close the Call application but the sound continue. When I launch the Call application, I can't respond to the call. At this moment I have the USB-C dock station connected with keyboard, mouse and screen. I've disconnected the USB-C dock, nothing change. To stop the sound, I've rebooted the smartphone. The problem is not new for me but I was difficult to report here before with confidence on the details.
Good new, the problem is solved Smile  The ringtone is normal and the silent mode could be to to 'Vibration' or nothing as expected.
I've reinstalled my PinePhone with the last image of the Debian installer to have a encrypted system : it'works well  Smile But the PinePhone take 2 minutes to boot  Dodgy  It's not a problem, a Debian computer is never stopped  Wink

Yesterday, Sunday 21, I've made "apt update && apt dist-upgrade" and get an error as you can see on the picture.

The message is it normal ? Can I reboot without loosing my installations ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-22-2021, 09:39 AM)Gribouille Wrote: I've reinstalled my PinePhone with the last image of the Debian installer to have a encrypted system : it'works well  Smile But the PinePhone take 2 minutes to boot  Dodgy  It's not a problem, a Debian computer is never stopped  Wink

Yesterday, Sunday 21, I've made "apt update && apt dist-upgrade" and get an error as you can see on the picture.

The message is it normal ? Can I reboot without loosing my installations ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
As the USB-C dockbar wasn't seen anymore, I've made a reboot : bad idea  Cry Cry Cry

Now I have the Mobian's logo and in the bottom of the screen :

Code:
cryptsetup: Waiting for encrypted device UID=xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-...

There is a solution at this problem ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Most recent Mobian image or installer image known to work? DrPlamsa 13 4,613 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Last Post: SukiiPooru
  Fast image viewer? vusra 0 769 04-25-2022, 04:09 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 12 7,775 08-15-2021, 09:17 AM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  Status update 2020-12-15 a-wai 33 35,249 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-06 AmazingNutria 6 6,867 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: daniel
  Why the 12/15/2020 build is no where near a daily driver yet TheLastDon 24 19,106 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: HLing
  Status update 2020-11-15 a-wai 17 16,316 12-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Status update 2020-09-05 a-wai 26 27,974 10-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Status update 2020-10-05 a-wai 8 8,603 10-08-2020, 03:20 AM
Last Post: dukla2000