Remove striped screw
(11-21-2020, 08:20 PM)pizzalovingnerd Wrote: Hello, today I was trying to do the board swap, and I mistakenly stripped three screws.

What would be the easiest way to remove these screws?

Things I've tried so far:
Rubber band
Duck tape
Tacky glue
Super glue
Not cheap but If all else fails possibly try a dedicated screw extractor such as

Alden 4507P Grabit Micro Broken Bolt Extractor 4 Piece Kit - Small Bolt and Screw Remover from Amazon etc. GL
(11-22-2020, 10:15 PM)LazLong Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:20 PM)pizzalovingnerd Wrote: Hello, today I was trying to do the board swap, and I mistakenly stripped three screws.

Rubber band
Duck tape
Tacky glue
Super glue
Not cheap but If all else fails possibly try a dedicated screw extractor such as

Alden 4507P Grabit Micro Broken Bolt Extractor 4 Piece Kit - Small Bolt and Screw Remover from Amazon etc. GL
I considered suggesting a screw removal bit, but I didn't think they made any small enough for the tiny screws in the PP
(11-22-2020, 09:36 PM)hiimtye Wrote: if it's just the end, use a tiny flat head and push it into the broken head, you may be able to screw it out without any extra effort. if not, take a small hammer and tap it into it until you make a tiny groove, then use the groove to screw it out

warning: you may damage your flat head in the process

I damaged my flat head, but the screw never came out, and now part of the flathead is stuck in the screw >Sad
If you did get it part of the way out, can you now grab it with some tweezers or a small needle nosed pliers ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I don't know if you have access, but a dremel rotary tool could engrave a bit of a small flathead sized groove to attempt to unscrew it. Outside that every other option I would offer seems to have already been mentioned.
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

@pizzalovingnerd
  Did you ever get those screws out ?

I have a new mainboard for my Brave Heart phone, But I have not made the time to do that swap yet.

Just looking at those screws, most of them do look 'recessed' into little pockets.

Strangely on my phone it appears to be missing 4 of those screws,  I have never taken it apart yet.

Just removing the battery to swap the sd cards and the sim card.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@bcnaz, I was able to swap my mainboards with no stripping issues, I think this was a one off sort of situation

Rubber band
Duck tape
Tacky glue
Super glue
JB Weld
Jamming in a Flathead

Have you tried using a left-hand drill bit?  That way you'd most probably be able to take the screws out without drilling out their heads completely.
(12-06-2020, 09:31 AM)dsimic Wrote:

Rubber band
Duck tape
Tacky glue
Super glue
JB Weld
Jamming in a Flathead

Have you tried using a left-hand drill bit?  That way you'd most probably be able to take the screws out without drilling out their heads completely.

Never use Super glue on striped screw, it just make the matter worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY case backs, screw attachment biketool 1 1,949 04-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  NO AFTER SALE SUPPORT --> After one week no way to remove batterie harvey186 19 19,529 05-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 33YN2