New OS for RockPro64 is here, TwisterOS Armbian
RockPro64 vs Raspberry Pi4 Huntdown tests with TwisterOS Armbian 2.0.2 and Box64.

Rpi4 has been overclocked to 2.0Ghz for A72 cores and 700Mhz for GPU.

Rockpro64 has been overclocked to 2.2Ghz for dual A72 cores and 1.8Ghz for quad A53 cores.

[Image: IgGN7l.jpg]

To watch video showdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oda6QfNbTSc

I am failing to get the latest version TwisterOSArmbianV2-0-2 working on the RockPro64 using an eMMC module. I've tried using both rk3399-rockpro64.dtb and rk3399-rockpro64-v2.dtb and both get stuck after printing the following to the console:

Code:
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
done.

Trying to get any Linux (besides Armbian 4.4y) to boot off the eMMC has not worked and it is super frustrating. I would just us the Armbian 4.4y Linux but last time I tried I ran into issues when trying to set it up for use with Docker and use some Docker images because of the kernel version.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
(06-15-2021, 09:29 PM)ootoovak Wrote: I am failing to get the latest version TwisterOSArmbianV2-0-2 working on the RockPro64 using an eMMC module. I've tried using both rk3399-rockpro64.dtb and rk3399-rockpro64-v2.dtb and both get stuck after printing the following to the console:

Code:
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
done.

Trying to get any Linux (besides Armbian 4.4y) to boot off the eMMC has not worked and it is super frustrating. I would just us the Armbian 4.4y Linux but last time I tried I ran into issues when trying to set it up for use with Docker and use some Docker images because of the kernel version.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Please join our TwisterOS Armbian discord channel for a more personalized assistance/troubleshoot with your RockPro64 board. We have dedicated sections for almost every RK3399 board including RockPro64, PinebookPro and Rock64.
https://discord.gg/dYzDzvzV

Twister OS Armbian version 2.0.3 update has been released!"

Version 2.0.3 patch notes:

- Updated Discord app and icon
- Updated Conky profile to show stats for 6 CPU cores
- Improved audio quality of startup sounds
- Added fix to address Box86/Steam GTK error
- Added rice video plugin to Mupen64Plus
- Added Twister OS wallpaper
- Updated ThemeTwister to no longer require reboots when changing themes

Thanks to @dangeruss26 for his wallpaper contribution

Instructions:
  • Edit /usr/local/bin/twistver
    - sudo nano twistver
  • Change it to“Twister OS Armbian version 2.0.2” without quotes.
  • Ctl+X to Save it.
  • chmod a+x TwisterOSArmbianV2-0-3Patch.run
  • ./TwisterOSArmbianV2-0-3Patch.run
Download:
https://twisteros.com/Patches/TwisterOSA...3Patch.run

[Image: djGrKf.jpg]

A full TwisterOS Armbian 2.0.3 image(2.5G) is now available for download from TwisterOS website.

https://twisteros.com/twisterarmbian.html

[Image: GBIkZf.jpg]

Box64 has been officially released. Box64 public repository is now available.
https://github.com/ptitSeb/box64
Box64 obviously will be included in next TwisterOS Armbian version.
Many thanks to Ptitseb from the TwisterOS Development Team

[Image: 6WC9kb.jpg]

https://boilingsteam.com/box64-witness-t...ing-scene/

I successfully installed twister. It sounds awesome, but I am having issues making things work.

1. It's inputstream-adaptive available for Kodi?

2. I thought RetroPie with emulation station was installed by default. How do I go about installing it?
Yes!! Thank you finally a Linux based distro where I can use my rp64 as a silent media consumption box, have tried all available linux distros and other os, even twister in the past and even after tweaks performance was not gr8.

Installed latest 2.0.3, just to try out, as i usually do every 6 moths or so checking all distros/os , installed the desktop link for docker and didn't work, had to follow the read me instructions on the chromium-armhf folder, took me 2 days to get it up very likely cause apparently some armbian repository links where down, so really wasn't getting correct update repositories so list didn't update and some dependancies where missing when building, but finally got it to work and running, totally worth it! can watch streams, netflix and youtube on 1080p running great and board does not become a toaster, have a northbridge heatsink and keeps it under 70 so dont have to care anymore for fan control since its not needed.

System is snappy enough and desktop is sexy, even though im not a xfce fan, but gotta love how customizable it is.

Thanks for this wonderfull distro, best distro ive tried to date, finally can use my rp64 as media box Big Grin, also thanks to the guys at armbian since its armbian based, wow just so happy waited a long time for this im sure pine book pro owners will also be happy with this.

PS. if anyone needs help installing the docker on their rp64 on twister im in pine64 discord under same handle as i got in this forum, do usually take some time to answer but this joy needs to be shared so if anyone has trouble making the chromium docker work dm me
Nice to see this - the install ZFS as part of the text based configuration tool warms my heart.

But the reason I am posting is I am trying to get the pine64 store touchscreen working.

I've added pine64_lcd=on in /boot/armbianEnv.txt and hunted down goodix.ko in the /usr/lib path and copied to /etc/modules.

The LCD does not display after doing that.

Is there additional steps to make this work?
Can u see boot info at start? If so you might want to give it a few seconds (let's say 20) to start loading armbian, then disconnect and reconnect hdmi port, I do this for my display since it never picks it up on the go and this makes it work, actually have a display switch that changes image between 3 devices so just switch and come back to rp64 so it's not much of a hassle for me try disconnecting and reconnecting and tell us how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) RockPro64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 1 339 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: mara
  yocto for RockPro64 Fide 1 647 01-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Fide
  Installing Ubuntu Server on RockPro64 deutschlmao 2 2,517 10-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: brotherj4mes
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,816 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) ROCKPro64 RK3399 (aarch64) mara 54 82,183 08-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: mara
  How to enable CoreSight ETM trace on RockPro64 shpark 0 538 05-21-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: shpark
  Rockpro64 Dead on arrival? quixoticgeek 1 879 03-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: quixoticgeek
  RockPro64 boot questions misterc 3 1,486 01-13-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: misterc
  A fix for Bluetooth audio stuttering on the RockPro64 raph 2 1,578 01-03-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: raph
  hello i want to drive an edp screen with my rockpro64 hannescam 0 705 10-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Last Post: hannescam