slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone-5.19.8-build-20221001.img.zst.sha256
donation   slarm64

installation README.TXT
kernel 6.2.3

slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone-6.2.3-build-20230311.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone-6.2.3-build-20230311.img.zst.sha256
donation   slarm64

Hello!
Are you not planning to create slackware images for painphone pro?
I could be the one to test it Smile
I know there is a separate forum thread for pinephone pro, but I decided to ask here because I didn't see slackware support there.
(08-23-2023, 04:41 AM)igraf Wrote: Hello!
Are you not planning to create slackware images for painphone pro?
I could be the one to test it Smile
I know there is a separate forum thread for pinephone pro, but I decided to ask here because I didn't see slackware support there.

Try it
slarm64-current-aarch64-core-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-core-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst.sha256
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst.sha256
donation   slarm64

(08-24-2023, 12:15 AM)mara Wrote: Try it
slarm64-current-aarch64-core-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-core-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst.sha256
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone_pro-6.4.12-build-20230823.img.zst.sha256

Hello!
Thank you very much!
I ran the xfce image from the sd-card. Everything is fine, but the virtual keyboard is not displayed for login and password.
Greetings,

IDK if this thread is dead but I'm a used to be slacker, now running Devuan, avoiding the evil systemd binary path.

I'm also a frustrated Pinephone owner that's looking for something better and stumbled across the activity here.

My latest stuggle is with PostmarketOS.  I have it running from the microsd card since for some reason their installation image, after completing the install, on first boot would lock up with an error stating that the file system was read only so it couldn't write the user files if I'm not mistaken.

And so I wrote the latest Slarm64 image to the microsd and edited the files (I'm pretty sure according to Mara's readme) from my PC.  I adjusted the mmcblk number to 0 since that's what PMOS labels the booted microsd.  I also then tried to flag the partition as bootable using GParted from the PC.  When starting the boot process the green led comes on for a few seconds then nothing.

I have the little docking station and external monitor plus may be able to rig a serial cable if I do a little research on the subject.  I have time to test also so if you guys are game, I'm game to give it a go as a tinkerer.

PMOS has a separate boot partition and I noticed that the Pinephone (at least mine) has three other labeled mmcblk2boot0, mmcblk2boot1 and zram0. 

I also tried to write the Slarm64 image to the internal memory using PMOS but my permission was lacking.

I seem to have toasted the microsd because after I set the boot flag and tried to boot from it and failed, I can no longer get acknowledgement of its existence on my PC anymore.  Luckily I have a spare and will order a few more.  I'm going to snoop around for another OS to try and get on the internal drive in the mean time.
(09-19-2023, 03:00 PM)donchurch Wrote: Greetings,

IDK if this thread is dead but I'm a used to be slacker, now running Devuan, avoiding the evil systemd binary path.

I'm also a frustrated Pinephone owner that's looking for something better and stumbled across the activity here.

My latest stuggle is with PostmarketOS.  I have it running from the microsd card since for some reason their installation image, after completing the install, on first boot would lock up with an error stating that the file system was read only so it couldn't write the user files if I'm not mistaken.

And so I wrote the latest Slarm64 image to the microsd and edited the files (I'm pretty sure according to Mara's readme) from my PC.  I adjusted the mmcblk number to 0 since that's what PMOS labels the booted microsd.  I also then tried to flag the partition as bootable using GParted from the PC.  When starting the boot process the green led comes on for a few seconds then nothing.

I have the little docking station and external monitor plus may be able to rig a serial cable if I do a little research on the subject.  I have time to test also so if you guys are game, I'm game to give it a go as a tinkerer.

PMOS has a separate boot partition and I noticed that the Pinephone (at least mine) has three other labeled mmcblk2boot0, mmcblk2boot1 and zram0. 

I also tried to write the Slarm64 image to the internal memory using PMOS but my permission was lacking.

I seem to have toasted the microsd because after I set the boot flag and tried to boot from it and failed, I can no longer get acknowledgement of its existence on my PC anymore.  Luckily I have a spare and will order a few more.  I'm going to snoop around for another OS to try and get on the internal drive in the mean time.

You need to look at the output on the uart, in theory it’s still the same A64 with all the circumstances that arise.
donation   slarm64

installation README.TXT
kernel 6.5.5

slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone-6.5.5-build-20230924.img.zst
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-pinephone-6.5.5-build-20230924.img.zs.sha256
donation   slarm64

Hi donchurch! It's great to see there are still other enthusiasts around willing to play about with this!

(09-19-2023, 03:00 PM)donchurch Wrote: I'm also a frustrated Pinephone owner that's looking for something better and stumbled across the activity here.

Yeah Mara's keeping the thread alive with updated images. I can give people hints about how to get a (semi) working Slarm64 system on the Pinephone as I still run it as my daily driver. Admittedly it does involve jumping through lots of hoops to use as a phone but I still keep doing it because I'm weird like that! It did take a lot of hours to build all the phone software I wanted and code changes too and the builds I did will be way out of date by now. It's not for the faint hearted.

I don't have a lot of time these days to muck about with these things but if people like you are motivated to stick with it then I can try and find a bit more time to share some knowledge.

(09-19-2023, 03:00 PM)donchurch Wrote: My latest stuggle is with PostmarketOS.  I have it running from the microsd card since for some reason their installation image, after completing the install, on first boot would lock up with an error stating that the file system was read only so it couldn't write the user files if I'm not mistaken.

Did you get any further information about what was going wrong with this? The external monitor and the serial output are well worth checking. Have a look at my early posts in this thread as I originally got Slarm64 to boot by swapping in kernels from other PinePhone distros. It could be an issue with the kernel or it could be something wrong in your boot configuration.
(09-20-2023, 10:00 AM)mara Wrote:

You need to look at the output on the uart, in theory it’s still the same A64 with all the circumstances that arise.

Hi again, it appears that I didn't subscribe and thus didn't get notified of your reply, my apologies. I will look into output on the uart. Thanks

(11-05-2023, 09:09 AM)acid andy Wrote:

Hi donchurch! It's great to see there are still other enthusiasts around willing to play about with this!

(09-19-2023, 03:00 PM)donchurch Wrote: I'm also a frustrated Pinephone owner that's looking for something better and stumbled across the activity here.

Yeah Mara's keeping the thread alive with updated images. I can give people hints about how to get a (semi) working Slarm64 system on the Pinephone as I still run it as my daily driver. Admittedly it does involve jumping through lots of hoops to use as a phone but I still keep doing it because I'm weird like that! It did take a lot of hours to build all the phone software I wanted and code changes too and the builds I did will be way out of date by now. It's not for the faint hearted.

I don't have a lot of time these days to muck about with these things but if people like you are motivated to stick with it then I can try and find a bit more time to share some knowledge.

(09-19-2023, 03:00 PM)donchurch Wrote: My latest stuggle is with PostmarketOS.  I have it running from the microsd card since for some reason their installation image, after completing the install, on first boot would lock up with an error stating that the file system was read only so it couldn't write the user files if I'm not mistaken.

Did you get any further information about what was going wrong with this? The external monitor and the serial output are well worth checking. Have a look at my early posts in this thread as I originally got Slarm64 to boot by swapping in kernels from other PinePhone distros. It could be an issue with the kernel or it could be something wrong in your boot configuration.

Hi Andy, as I replied to Mara I must have failed at subscribing and was not notified of your response so I figured interest was nil. I solved much of the bugginess having found that my sdhc card was corrupt. But now I read that Postmarket OS is turning to the systemd dark side which led me back here. I'll see if I can make some sense of things and follow up. Thanks for your time spent. I'm not big on forum posts and for some reason I seem to have to hit "post reply" just to see the reply entering window, then hit "post reply" again so things my look dumb.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 404 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,330 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 24,033 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,926 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 101,209 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 12,856 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 950 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 2,125 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,341 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Does Ubuntu modify a Pinephone SD boot card? Peter Gamma 0 847 10-05-2023, 09:18 AM