No OS will boot on new mainboard
Hi I have one of the original UBPorts edition phones. Today I received a new main board (the 3gb version) . However whatever I do I can't get anything other than jumpdrive to boot on it. I've tried the latest builds of Manjaro and UBPorts. I've read that there needs to be a patch applied before some OSes will boot with the 3gb ram version but given Manjaro is the OS that comes with the 3gb edition pinephone and the UBports edition should have the patch in the latest update im not sure where I'm going wrong?

The eMMC shows up on my desktop when jump drive is running and after I've flashed the image to the eMMC I can see the partitions on the eMMC but its just not booting. No lights nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you using Jumpdrive 0.6 or an earlier version? AFAIK, 0.6 is the only version that supports the 3G board. It came out of beta less than a week ago and it would be wise to use the updated version.

Another issue I've encountered is that Balena Etcher on Windows does not work when using Jumpdrive 0.6 alpha. The presence of newly created partitions does not confirm the image was successfully flashed.
(11-13-2020, 02:51 PM)ThrillGates Wrote: Are you using Jumpdrive 0.6 or an earlier version? AFAIK, 0.6 is the only version that supports the 3G board. It came out of beta less than a week ago and it would be wise to use the updated version.

Another issue I've encountered is that Balena Etcher on Windows does not work when using Jumpdrive 0.6 alpha. The presence of newly created partitions does not confirm the image was successfully flashed.
Hi yes I'm using the latest versions of everything. I downloaded them all fresh yesterday. I'm running manjaro on my desktop so not sure whether the same issue would be present with etcher?

That said I've come to it this morning and tried turning it on and its booted straight away. I've not done anything too it literally just picked it up and pressed the power button and its switched on. Very bizarre I tried flashing the image several times yesterday and nothing happened. Yet this morning its working and nothings changed. Its still on the same image I out on it yesterday which didn't work.
(11-14-2020, 06:01 AM)rohtua Wrote: That said I've come to it this morning and tried turning it on and its booted straight away. I've not done anything too it literally just picked it up and pressed the power button and its switched on. Very bizarre I tried flashing the image several times yesterday and nothing happened. Yet this morning its working and nothings changed. Its still on the same image I out on it yesterday which didn't work.

I run Mobian from eMMC and sometimes nothing boots and the LED is solid green. It almost always works on the second try. I agree that this behavior is very bizarre.
(11-14-2020, 08:33 AM)ThrillGates Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 06:01 AM)rohtua Wrote: That said I've come to it this morning and tried turning it on and its booted straight away. I've not done anything too it literally just picked it up and pressed the power button and its switched on. Very bizarre I tried flashing the image several times yesterday and nothing happened. Yet this morning its working and nothings changed. Its still on the same image I out on it yesterday which didn't work.

I run Mobian from eMMC and sometimes nothing boots and the LED is solid green. It almost always works on the second try. I agree that this behavior is very bizarre.
I had no LED nothing it was dead unless I was booting jumpdrive

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot on SD anymore LeNouveau 1 339 02-12-2024, 01:05 PM
Last Post: LeNouveau
  Does Ubuntu modify a Pinephone SD boot card? Peter Gamma 0 847 10-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Tow-boot headaches. antiwesley 3 1,498 04-30-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  problem with boot evaldas 2 2,226 03-17-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Boot to LVGL lupyuen 2 1,852 01-23-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  tow-boot shulamy 2 1,655 09-08-2022, 12:33 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Device memory full on multi-boot SD card Peter Gamma 4 2,711 08-27-2022, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  wiping u-boot off sd card shulamy 6 2,917 08-17-2022, 03:38 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Change tow-boot boot order or otherwise make Mobian on uSD the default? allworlds 3 2,434 05-04-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: allworlds
  Multi boot issue generaluser 4 3,269 10-06-2021, 07:45 AM
Last Post: generaluser