App navigation and PC to Phone how to questions Also charging
Well done! I like it. It's not the daily driver - yet; but it has tremendous upside.

How to navigate around putty an applications in general when they dont present the keyboard with tab, esc, alt, etc?

Meanwhile, the usb dock worked with a keyboard that had a wireless mouse (that's one port and cisco usb console cable was in the other port) The dock's hdmi to a TV also worked.  More to come.

How to get Linux PC <==> Manjaro Pine when attached.  For example to load music into Lolly Pop?
Would life be better with a Manjaro VM?

It came with a red blah blah blah cable... can I use my iPhone wall plug to charge my pine?
See this post for a more useful terminal keyboard.  "Just add the file terminal.yaml to the directory ~/.local/share/squeekboard/keyboards/ (create if necessary) and it should be picked up for the terminal layout."

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...minal.yaml

You can modify the terminal if you like.  See https://developer.puri.sm/projects/squeekboard/ for documentation.

My preferred method for copying files to/from the phone is via SSH (scp command).  You can get the IP address of your phone with the "ip addr" command. 

You should use a 3A 5V charger.  I don't know what the iPhone charger is, but it will be marked on the charger.  You may need a magnifying glass to read it, though.
(11-14-2020, 02:22 PM)dcarvil Wrote:
Quote:See this post for a more useful terminal keyboard.  "Just add the file terminal.yaml to the directory ~/.local/share/squeekboard/keyboards/ (create if necessary) and it should be picked up for the terminal layout."

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...minal.yaml

You can modify the terminal if you like.  See https://developer.puri.sm/projects/squeekboard/ for documentation.

No. Or better without evidence Putty isnt using the keyboard that has the extended keyboard option.  Also if the current Putty keyboard had a tab key we could navigate through fields.

Quote:My preferred method for copying files to/from the phone is via SSH (scp command).  You can get the IP address of your phone with the "ip addr" command. 

I'm good.  Filezilla looks promising too.

By now though expecting the OS to mount the phone's filesystem is within reason.

Quote:You should use a 3A 5V charger.  I don't know what the iPhone charger is, but it will be marked on the charger.  You may need a magnifying glass to read it, though.

While the amp and voltage are important, equally important are the pins because you dont want to send the correct amperage down the wrong pin now would we?

I was and am expecting an Amazon url or vendor+partnumber or "use the charger from your blah phone."

Which one of these?  https://duckduckgo.com/?t=canonical&q=3A...er.&ia=web
Quote:By now though expecting the OS to mount the phone's filesystem is within reason.

It's not a storage medium, it's a running computer. It would be alarming if it *did* mount the phone's filesystem.
(11-22-2020, 06:18 PM)ChanceNCounter Wrote:
Quote:By now though expecting the OS to mount the phone's filesystem is within reason.

It's not a storage medium, it's a running computer. It would be alarming if it *did* mount the phone's filesystem.

??:- /  up to a 2TB sd card ....and it doesn't hurt to be user friendly and my Linux mounts my iPhone to copy photos _from_ only ...so not unresonable to mount the directories for music and photos.

scp was fine but still... think user friendly..or not
(11-23-2020, 02:59 PM)nbh Wrote: ??:- /  up to a 2TB sd card ....and it doesn't hurt to be user friendly and my Linux mounts my iPhone to copy photos _from_ only ...so not unresonable to mount the directories for music and photos.

scp was fine but still... think user friendly..or not
And how does the computer log into the phone, which, again, is a running computer? How does the computer know the phone's SD card is a safe filesystem to mount, rather than the running system disk?

Your iPhone has a protocol for this. The stock system is the stock system, and the thing at the other end knows what to expect from it. Think about how many desktop distros there are. How do you propose Manjaro should accomplish the same thing?

If you want it native, you want a DE that offers something like this. Off the top of my head, I only know of Plasma and KDE Connect. Plasma, imo, isn't nearly as mature as Phosh on mobile.

Absent that, you'll have to use something like Nextcloud, or set up your own network storage, and it is what it is.
the protocol you want is called MTP which I believe stands for Media Transfer Protocol (but I could be wrong).

the joy of Linux is that you have ultimate control over what you enable and don't enable. if you want to enable MTP, there are many resources available on Google on how to do so.
(11-24-2020, 06:32 PM)hiimtye Wrote: the protocol you want is called MTP which I believe stands for Media Transfer Protocol (but I could be wrong).

the joy of Linux is that you have ultimate control over what you enable and don't enable. if you want to enable MTP, there are many resources available on Google on how to do so.

I googled mounting remote file systems and this came back with sshfs

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=canonical&q=mo...ems&ia=web

I'll google mtp and thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New phone, KDE desktop settings reset on reboot zzb0 2 1,647 10-15-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to create folders and re-org my phone desktop? A better "Image Viewer" app? nbh 0 465 09-24-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,065 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  New issue with phone calls kmsgli 13 6,303 08-15-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Gon
  Phone goes to sleep whilst audio playing new2pinephone 0 1,291 12-22-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: new2pinephone
  After fresh install outbound phone calls not working. tckosvic 2 2,260 11-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tckosvic
Music Can only hear/speak during a phone call when on speakerphone danimations 4 3,354 10-24-2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Installed Sim phone not working kmk7x 3 2,593 10-24-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pine phone crush after screen connexion matbos 0 991 10-13-2021, 10:03 AM
Last Post: matbos
Lightbulb Feature request: allow downloading of updates to continue when phone lays idle danimations 0 1,068 09-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: danimations