PineTime Simulation Feature
Hi

I just started a PineTime developing project for college. I am quite new to programming and just kind of got thrown into that project without any help available, which means I am still quite lost at the moment.
I will get a physical PineTime to run my code on, but until then I read on the wiki FAQ that you can preview watch faces thanks to WebAssembly.

I followed every step on this site, which was linked to on the wiki: I forked the Pinetime repo and created the Github workflow as instructed. However, the action failed with following error every time it ran:

cp: cannot stat 'src/DisplayApp/Screens/Clock.cpp': No such file or directory

I tried to google that but did not get any wiser. What is the problem? The directory that the path above is pointing to is in my repo, there is no doubt about that (except that every directory actually starts with a lowercase letter, but I do not suppose that this is relevant?). So why was it not found?

Thanks in advance for any help
gjoyet
That tutorial was originally announced in https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11077 so it might be worth asking there if @lupyuen doesn't spot this thread. I'm used to linux where paths are case sensitive, and I think that's what github are using behind the scenes for Actions, so I wouldn't be surprised if having the wrong case caused problems.
(11-10-2020, 11:51 AM)gjoyet Wrote: Hi

I just started a PineTime developing project for college. I am quite new to programming and just kind of got thrown into that project without any help available, which means I am still quite lost at the moment.
I will get a physical PineTime to run my code on, but until then I read on the wiki FAQ that you can preview watch faces thanks to WebAssembly.

I followed every step on this site, which was linked to on the wiki: I forked the Pinetime repo and created the Github workflow as instructed. However, the action failed with following error every time it ran:

cp: cannot stat 'src/DisplayApp/Screens/Clock.cpp': No such file or directory

I tried to google that but did not get any wiser. What is the problem? The directory that the path above is pointing to is in my repo, there is no doubt about that (except that every directory actually starts with a lowercase letter, but I do not suppose that this is relevant?). So why was it not found?

Thanks in advance for any help
gjoyet

I also followed the instructions to preview watch faces and it worked for me.  However, I forked the repository when it was 0.7.1.  Since then there have been changes including changing the names of some of the directories, I don't know why.  In my fork the directory is DisplayApp.  In the current JF002 repository it is displayapp, all lower case.  Similarly directory Screens is now screens.  Clock.cpp is  still Clock.cpp.  If you change the action code appropriately it should work.

Hugh
That was the problem. I didn't realise the path to the file was explicitly written in the *.yml file. It works now, thank you very much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Develop a new firmware for PineTime belushi 2 1,267 09-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  Bluetooth BLE-MIDI-controller app for PineTime / InfiniTime Luno 0 485 08-20-2023, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Luno
  Zephyr Backlight Examples for PineTime lcj 0 681 05-06-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Zephyr is ready for pinetime jandy 1 2,061 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: lcj
  Send a message from Android to pinetime via BLE razrosman 0 896 11-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: razrosman
  PineTime Stuck in DFU Mode Eesha Barua 1 1,976 07-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: heyhewmike
  Idle tracking with PineTime: how versatile it is? schaman 1 1,592 07-13-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: wibble
  PineTime implemented with partial of pebble API jandy 0 1,522 03-20-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: jandy
Heart Feature request: WYSIWYG editor for watchfaces danimations 0 1,284 03-03-2022, 10:16 AM
Last Post: danimations
  "Pine64 USB JTAG Adapter + OpenOCD + PineTime" should it work? ITCactus 4 3,845 03-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: wibble