After update the green light comes on then the system hangs
Hello,

I have a postmarket phone that has run very well up until now. Today, I upgraded mobian, I turned off the phone, waited a few minites and restarted it but only the green light came on then nothing. I made a fresh re-install, upgraded the system, rebooted and I ended up exactly in the same situation like before - the green light comes on and the phone hangs.
When I tried Arch on one of my PMOS phones, it would do updates with no graphics showing on a black screen.
but it would eventually finish the updates, restart, then show the 'log-in' screen.

I wonder if these interim Mobian releases could be running updates with no graphics showing ?

How long did you wait with the black screen ?

a-wai has mentioned not doing updates for the next few days, as things may tend to break.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I waited about 10 minutes.
Should I wait longer?
I am only guessing here, my experience with the black screen was on Arch, I have held off updating my Mobian operating systems after
reading a-wai 's post.
But it would depend on how large the download/update takes on your phone.
Most are just minutes, but they can be longer. I know it is very hard to sit and watch a black screen.

But you could download a recent image that you know works and test your phone from that point, just to verify the phone functions properly.

The 'Reference' release of Mobian will be out in a few days, that will most likely be one of the best operating systems offered yet.
But again "waiting" is hard to do. I know.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I installed today's nightly build, it works without a glitch.
That is good to hear,    

a-wai has warned that over the next few days updates are likely to break the system.

It is just most of the OSes are under heavy development at this point in time.

You may wish to turn off auto-update for the time being.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I have had it hang on *reboot* several times, shutdown and restart seems to work more solidly.
When it hangs, holding the power button for 10s, releasing, and holding it again for 5 seems to allow it to boot.
That is assuming that there was no software "oops" during the upgrade.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Errors when start the system kubussz 2 464 11-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kubussz
  System won't suspend due to suspention notification user641 6 1,190 09-24-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: user641
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Wifi doesn't work after update nickolas 2 1,138 04-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
Exclamation Impossible to login since the latest update anonymous 12 3,905 02-26-2023, 01:01 PM
  German Emergency Alarm System Test arno_nuehm 4 1,722 12-11-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: traut
Exclamation The latest update of eg25-manager seems to cause frequent disconnections anonymous 12 4,030 11-28-2022, 03:30 PM
  low disk space on file system root revisited benedikt55 2 1,392 09-24-2022, 10:16 AM
Last Post: benedikt55