Did I kill my PBP's board?
I wanted to take out the eMMC and see if it will boot from the SD card, but now it doesn't turn on even with the eMMC back in place. While and while not charging.

I also connected the wires those shouldn't be connected once, and after reading the sticker disconnected them. Hopefully it didn't kill the board

Please help.
Preferably remove or disable the eMMC until you get it working again.

With a bootable SD card installed, hold the power button for 30 seconds. This should completely turn off the PBP, if it's actually now powered on and locked up (likely). Then, press the power button again, holding it for a second or so, and it should turn on.

It's possible that you damaged something with static electricity.

What operating system was running when you last shut it down? What is on the eMMC, and what is on the SD card?

I kind of expect that your SD card is not bootable. It should have worked with the eMMC installed, in most cases. Possibly the boot code on your SD card locked up the PBP without turning the LED on. I think this is the most likely situation that you're in.

If ever you do need to disable the eMMC, you don't have to remove it. There's a switch next to it to disable it.
(11-07-2020, 11:44 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: Preferably remove or disable the eMMC until you get it working again.

With a bootable SD card installed, hold the power button for 30 seconds.  This should completely turn off the PBP, if it's actually now powered on and locked up (likely). Then, press the power button again, holding it for a second or so, and it should turn on.

It's possible that you damaged something with static electricity.

What operating system was running when you last shut it down? What is on the eMMC, and what is on the SD card? 

I kind of expect that your SD card is not bootable.  It should have worked with the eMMC installed, in most cases.  Possibly the boot code on your SD card locked up the PBP without turning the LED on.  I think this is the most likely situation that you're in.

If ever you do need to disable the eMMC, you don't have to remove it.  There's a switch next to it to disable it.

It had elementary OS on eMMC.

Disabling the eMMC nor taking the SD card out didn't work.
Quote:I also connected the wires those shouldn't be connected once, and after reading the sticker disconnected them. Hopefully it didn't kill the board

I hope it's not your case but I think you might have damaged the board connecting the bypass cable....

From Wiki:
Bypass Cables
The mainboard features two (disconnected by default) bypass cables that are only to be used with the battery disconnected. The female (10) male (6) ends of the bypass cables can be connected to provide power to the mainboard if you need to run the laptop without a battery. Please refer to this engineering notice.

Note that despite the bypass cable being a two conductor cable, it is only used as one. Both wires being soldered together on either side is normal!

WARNING: Do not connect the bypass cables with the battery connected. Using the bypass cables with the battery connected can permanently damage the computer.
(11-08-2020, 11:04 AM)nightranger73 Wrote:
Quote:I also connected the wires those shouldn't be connected once, and after reading the sticker disconnected them. Hopefully it didn't kill the board

I hope it's not your case but I think you might have damaged the board connecting the bypass cable....

From Wiki:
Bypass Cables
The mainboard features two (disconnected by default) bypass cables that are only to be used with the battery disconnected. The female (10) male (6) ends of the bypass cables can be connected to provide power to the mainboard if you need to run the laptop without a battery. Please refer to this engineering notice.

Note that despite the bypass cable being a two conductor cable, it is only used as one. Both wires being soldered together on either side is normal!

WARNING: Do not connect the bypass cables with the battery connected. Using the bypass cables with the battery connected can permanently damage the computer.

How do I check if I broke the board?
Please, I really need help
What do the bypass cables actually bypass? It sounds like you might have a blown fuse on the mainboard. I wonder what else could be damaged?
(11-11-2020, 05:54 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: What do the bypass cables actually bypass?  It sounds like you might have a blown fuse on the mainboard.  I wonder what else could be damaged?

IDK...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pbp replacement board altacus 0 895 01-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Last Post: altacus
  How do the kill switches work? Stevie-O 7 8,917 06-01-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Phillip Bell
Sad Help broke my pcie connector on the mother board. roncromberge 16 18,049 03-10-2020, 04:59 AM
Last Post: roncromberge
  Clarification on Privacy Kill Switches jabo 3 5,365 10-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Last Post: jabo