Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
(06-02-2021, 12:36 AM)dante404 Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 07:52 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Axolotl is out in v1.0.0

Hi there,

I've updated from last version (already installed as .deb) to this new version (on up-to-date mobian), now Axolotl won't start anymore (nothing seems to happen when starting via icon).
I've already tried: Completely deinstall Axolotl, reboot, reinstall, start (fail), rebooted again, start (fail).

If I try to start Axolotl in terminal, these error message appears (after a strange "file is not a database" debug info):
Code:
ERRO[001] '/home/mobian/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: 1

then stopping worker und
Code:
[axolotl-electron] main: creating window failed: context canceled.

Any suggestions what I could try to fix this? Sad

Best Regards,
Dante
(BTW... THANKS FOR YOUR WORK ON THIS PROJECT ARNO!!! Smile )

You're very welcome!

Could you please try to rename the following folder by adding some digits at the end
Code:
/home/mobian/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/

and restart Axolotl via terminal. This will force Axolotl to re-install Electron and hopefully solve your problem. If Axolotl is working fine, you can delete the renamed folder completely.

Let me know, if this works for you.

Cheers!
Thank you Arno. Smile That didn' work (error message that a subdirectory of the renamed directory is missing).
But: I have deinstalled axolotl and manually searched and removed every folder or file somehow connected to/named like axolotl or textsecure, rebooted, reinstalled.. and it works again. Big Grin

One difference to the old version I've noticed:
I can no longer set a password (the password settings menu, and after trying to set one the whole app (until restart), is empty). Seems like a bug?
But afaik that has nothing todo with the messaging but only protecting the locally stored data, right? (On a encrypted mobian not really necessary I guess. Wink )

Again, thanks for your help! Smile
Best Regards,
dante
(06-03-2021, 03:57 AM)dante404 Wrote: Thank you Arno. Smile  That didn' work (error message that a subdirectory of the renamed directory is missing).
But: I have deinstalled axolotl and manually searched and removed every folder or file somehow connected to/named like axolotl or textsecure, rebooted, reinstalled.. and it works again. Big Grin

One difference to the old version I've noticed:
I can no longer set a password (the password settings menu, and after trying to set one the whole app (until restart), is empty). Seems like a bug?
But afaik that has nothing todo with the messaging but only protecting the locally stored data, right? (On a encrypted mobian not really necessary I guess. Wink )

Again, thanks for your help! Smile
Best Regards,
dante

Glad to hear it worked somehow! But there must be a convenient way to re-install Electron and I can't remember how. But I'm on it.

Regarding the encryption password bug: Yes, I just tested it and it seems broken. I will open an issue on github to let the devs know. And yes, it just affects the local data.
(06-03-2021, 03:57 AM)dante404 Wrote: Thank you Arno. Smile  That didn' work (error message that a subdirectory of the renamed directory is missing).
But: I have deinstalled axolotl and manually searched and removed every folder or file somehow connected to/named like axolotl or textsecure, rebooted, reinstalled.. and it works again.

Can you please share with a beginner how did you manually search and remove everything linked to axolotl?

Im also pressing the icon but nothing is starting even after waiting 10+ minutes. Ive tried purging axolotl and reinstalling but it leads to the same issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reboot Modem on Pinephone in Mobian eggmatters 5 465 06-17-2021, 02:08 PM
Last Post: eggmatters
  Mobian not updating via Software app FOSSagent0 2 211 06-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  mobile data on mobian not working synaption 1 161 06-02-2021, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Aberts10
  How do you copy and paste into mobian terminal? Do you ssh instead? temp0rary 6 280 06-01-2021, 12:16 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  Turn by Turn alternative GPS app in Mobian livanti21 27 12,236 05-30-2021, 03:17 AM
Last Post: john_doe
  Pinephone ”reboot” or logging out by itself Wahtone 0 130 05-28-2021, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Wahtone
  Can't update OS Mobian Phosh Gon 5 457 05-23-2021, 10:52 PM
Last Post: pajux
  Mobian: 2 week as main phone steves 10 1,460 05-18-2021, 11:55 AM
Last Post: vortex
  Printing from Mobian johnd 2 393 05-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Axolotl on Mobian. What am I doing wrong? quixote 3 467 05-11-2021, 06:09 PM
Last Post: quixote