Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
Quote:I got another question though: Are groups (v2) supposed to work by now? I remember initial support for groups v2 being implemented, but apparently I cannot be added to groups and when I try to create a group, none of my contacts show up (only one contact that is not using Signal and whose number I once added, but can't delete). Is it working for anybody else or are groups generally not yet supported after all?

For me group chats are not working. I have two mobian/axolotl devices and one android device and I can't get it work. Single chat between all devices work and contacts are verified. If I open a new group on android it appears as a new group chat with one member only (the android one) and two invited (mobian/axolotl). Thats it. I can't remove the invited members as they are not yet in the group and I can't invite them again as they are allready invited!

Any hints are welcome.
Hi, I saw recently that signal-desktop was now compiled on arm for M1 users. Can anyone tell me if that means it will be doable to install it on the pinephone ?

Thanks!
(12-17-2021, 05:25 AM)eFqLLnGo Wrote: Hi, I saw recently that signal-desktop was now compiled on arm for M1 users. Can anyone tell me if that means it will be doable to install it on the pinephone ?

Thanks!

Same.
Christ is King!
Hello there,

v1.0.9 of Axolotl was cross-compiled from scratch using the repository Makefile and has the following main improvements:

Fix 'Verifiy Identity'
Fix option to mute groups
Fix links opening inside of axolotl on ubuntu touch
Fix rendering of expire timer in chats with self destroying messages
Remove "Upstream Changes" Warning Message
Add support for voice notes
Add support for joining groups
Fix opening document attachments
Fix Messages with special characters (e.g. "<") not displayed correctly
Update many dependencies
Fix receiving messages by waking up crayfish childprocess from sleep

Group invitation links are not yet working.

Wayland support via the Electron Ozone platform is still deactivated due to the letter input bug (still ü, C and V are missing, too) - more information here https://github.com/nanu-c/axolotl/issues/635.

You can download the Debian-arm64 package here:

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

Cheers!
Successfully (apparently) installed axolotl_1.0.9-1_arm64.deb this morning
Starting from icon, nothing happens
Starting axolotl form terminal gives errors:
dial tcp [::1]:9081: connect: connection refused
[textsecure-crayfish-ws] Failed to start listening error="dial tcp [::1]:9081: connect: connection refused"
But later:
[crayfish] Starting libsignal-service web socket at ws://127.0.0.1:9081/libsignal
[textsecure-crayfish-ws] websocket Connected successfully
Though ultimately:
'/home/mobian/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: -1
and axolotl stops.
(01-20-2022, 08:06 AM)DominiqueM Wrote: Successfully (apparently) installed axolotl_1.0.9-1_arm64.deb this morning
Starting from icon, nothing happens
Starting axolotl form terminal gives errors:
dial tcp [::1]:9081: connect: connection refused
[textsecure-crayfish-ws] Failed to start listening  error="dial tcp [::1]:9081: connect: connection refused"
But later:
[crayfish] Starting libsignal-service web socket at ws://127.0.0.1:9081/libsignal
[textsecure-crayfish-ws] websocket Connected successfully
Though ultimately:
'/home/mobian/.config/textsecure.nanuc/electron/vendor/electron-linux-arm64/electron' exited with code: -1
and axolotl stops.

Please try to delete the folder "electron" in ".config/textsecure.nanuc/", restart Axolotl and wait a bit to let the app download the Electron binary (~90Mb).

If that's not working, feel free to write a PM.

Cheers!
And again, Signal changed the server eco-system and new user won't be able to use v2groups with Axolotl... Sorry for the bad news, but be sure, that the devs are working on it.
Good news everyone,

Axolotl is back on track and for the first time ever, the Debian package was cross-compiled and packaged fully automatically through a Github workflow.

You can now download the deb file directly from the Axolotl Github page in the Release Assets section or using this direct link

https://github.com/nanu-c/axolotl/releas..._arm64.deb

IMPORTANT: One little thing that has to be solved in the near future is a packaging problem that evolved from the aspect that the Github workflow runs on Ubuntu and some dependencies behave differently there than on Debian. This leads to the point where some cross-compiling dependencies are now written into the package file and are installed by apt. But I will look into that soon.

And since there is still this nasty Electron Ozone/Wayland bug where many letters cannot be written with squeekboard, we still have to deactivate the Ozone/Wayland platform, which now is done via the Axolotl flag

Code:
axolotl -electron-flag no-ozone

This flag is already implemented in the shipped desktop file.

These are the other fixes and improvements of v1.1.0:

- Fix joining groupsv2 - nanu-c
- Fix receiving messages for armhf devices - nanu-c
- Update dutch and french translations - Vistaus - Anne017
- Fix the opening of HTTP links on Ubuntu Touch - nalysius
- Display a cross to close a fullscreen picture - nalysius
- Fix an issue in reading voice notes - nalysius
- Building/Packaging for Debian arm64 without further user interaction - nuehm-arno
- Add debian packaging for arm64 to the ci - nuehm-arno
- Make axolotl Flatpak installer work again - olof-nord
- Fix the unread counter - nalysius
- Add electron ozone switch flag for pinephone - nuehm-arno
- [axolotl-web] linter: Address warnings about event naming - olof-nord
- [axolotl-web]: Increment minimum Node.js version required - olof-nord
- Pin click workflow to Clickable 7.0.1 - jonnius
- Improve the startup message - olof-nord
- Automatically add release artifacts to releases - olof-nord

Cheers
Thank you guys for your great work, Arno & Co.!

The installation worked flawlessly; everything seems to function and apparently I won't have to use the capital O for want of a lower case o anymore.

(I should have read your post more carefully: instead of downloading the package from there, I went as usual to https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package and blindly downloaded version 1.0.9. Which did not work on my phone (white screen only), so I eventually realised my mistake.

Keep up the great work!

Best, A
(02-16-2022, 04:18 AM)Anna Wrote: Thank you guys for your great work, "arno_nuehm" !

The installation worked flawlessly; everything seems to function and apparently I won't have to use the capital O for want of a lower case o anymore.

(I should have read your post more carefully: instead of downloading the package from there, I went as usual to https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package and blindly downloaded version 1.0.9. Which did not work on my phone (white screen only), so I eventually realised my mistake.

Keep up the great work!

Best, A

Thank you!

I think, the forum is a bit broken... It seems, as long as you don't mention a user directly with AT..., it works correctly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,516 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,454 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,715 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,689 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,799 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM