Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
(09-27-2021, 01:58 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: FYI:

Currently, Signal itself is experiencing technical difficulties, but this is not a problem of Axolotl as it seems. So please be patient, if something is not working right. Some UT user cannot send/receive messages, but I cannot confirm these errors on (my) Mobian system.

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I installed Axolotl on a newly flashed phone (Bookworm with all updates).

I could register it and I could connect it to the desktop application on my laptop.

I have the problem you described above: I cannot send or receive messages. Additionally I cannot add contacts; when I enter the details and press "Add" nothing happens.

However, I can send messages from the desktop app and those messages are the only things that show up in Axolotl: There are no outgoing messages (they just disappear after I type them and press send) there are no incoming messages (they reach the desktop app, but not Axolotl), there only the sent messages from the desktop app.
(09-30-2021, 04:40 AM)Anna Wrote:

Currently, Signal itself is experiencing technical difficulties, but this is not a problem of Axolotl as it seems. So please be patient, if something is not working right. Some UT user cannot send/receive messages, but I cannot confirm these errors on (my) Mobian system.

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I could register it and I could connect it to the desktop application on my laptop.

I have the problem you described above: I cannot send or receive messages. Additionally I cannot add contacts; when I enter the details and press "Add" nothing happens.

However, I can send messages from the desktop app and those messages are the only things that show up in Axolotl: There are no outgoing messages (they just disappear after I type them and press send) there are no incoming messages (they reach the desktop app, but not Axolotl), there only the sent messages from the desktop app.

I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..
(10-20-2021, 07:13 AM)battlegarden Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 04:40 AM)Anna Wrote:

Have a nice day!

Thank you, @arno_nuehm !

I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..

Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?
(10-21-2021, 01:24 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?

No magic here, I'm afraid.

Unregistered, purged & reinstalled Axolotl and registered it again, but it still does not work.

Strangely, the desktop app on my Laptop still works without relinking it.  If I remember it correctly,  I used to have to link the desktop app to Axolotl again every time I had registered anew. (But I might be wrong about that.) Edit: I could still send messages from the desktop app for a few minutes, but once a message was sent to me, I did not receive it and the setup broke. So I had to relink the desktop app to Axolotl. Axolotl now again shows the messages I send from the desktop app but not the ones I receive. So back to square 1.
(10-21-2021, 01:24 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 07:13 AM)battlegarden Wrote: I had exactly this issue too, but it seems to work again, I can't pinpoint the date, but it must be sometime last week. No changes whatsoever (apart from regular apt-get update/upgrade) on my side, so I don't know what happened..

Really? That sounds promising! @Anna : Could you re-try your efforts to verify the magic?

Perhaps I should clarify: I have never reinstalled/purged/etc. I have axolotl installed since the first debian package and updated with the subsequently released debian packages when they came out. It stopped working after the 1.05 release but I could still receive messages on axolotl and send/receive from the linux desktop app. Then sometime last week axolotl started working again.
The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

These are the main fixes and improvements:

* Fix signal desktop linking by change signal desktop link url
* Fix ineffectual (unused before reassign) assignment of recipient
* Fix add contacts (partially)
* Update electron version
* Fix deleting chats
* Explicitly set ozone platform to Wayland for electron when needed (--> no blurry look and no laggy scrolling!)

Sadly, receiving messages for user with new registrations is still broken, but will be fixed with the next version.

Cheers!
(10-28-2021, 09:44 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

Excellent, thank you! It looks much nicer and the device linking works nicely again.
(10-28-2021, 09:44 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: The arm64 deb package for Axolotl v1.0.7 is successfully built with a lot of fixes and improvements (v1.0.6 needed some hotfixes).

Many thanks, just managed to upgrade and all went well Wink
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
I am on Axolotl 1.0.7 and I am unable to receive messages but I seem to be able to send them just fine, started about a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?
(11-17-2021, 10:02 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: I am on Axolotl 1.0.7 and I am unable to receive messages but I seem to be able to send them just fine, started about a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

Working OK for me: not using daily but could just receive fine
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,712 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM