Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
(11-29-2021, 07:34 AM)Anna Wrote: Axolotl stopped sending / receiving messages two days ago (Deskotp App still works).

In anybody else experiencing problems?

It's working for me, I was able to receive and send messages today.

I got another question though: Are groups (v2) supposed to work by now? I remember initial support for groups v2 being implemented, but apparently I cannot be added to groups and when I try to create a group, none of my contacts show up (only one contact that is not using Signal and whose number I once added, but can't delete). Is it working for anybody else or are groups generally not yet supported after all?
(11-29-2021, 07:34 AM)Anna Wrote: Axolotl stopped sending / receiving messages two days ago (Deskotp App still works).

In anybody else experiencing problems?

EDIT: Just started Axolotl now and all at once received several messages I had received and written (in the Deskop app) over the past tow days -- but not all of the. In one chat, I only got the messages till 20 hours ago, in another chat, I only receive the messages that I write (again: in the desktop app) but not the replies.

Very strange.

EDIT 2: Restarted Axolotl again and received even more of the missing messages. Remains erratic though, in one chat for example I only got the messages I had received, not the ones I had sent.

Sorry to hear that - again.

One person from the Axolotl Telegram group using the Ubuntu Touch version just confirmed this statement "In one chat, I only got the messages till 20 hours ago"
Sending/receiving is ok.

But I think, it's a problem regarding the new fix in v1.0.8... I will keep you posted.

Edit: Sadly, even on UT receiving is broken...
It seems, that some folks who re-registered with v1.0.8 can send/receive again - without any further actions.

@Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

And regarding v2groups:

Axolotl is capable of being added into new groups - not via invitation link, that's on the to-do list, but via direct addition from another user, with whom you had an encrypted conversation in Axolotl (key exchange is needed).

I hope, that answers your question, @kqlnut .

Cheers!
(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: It seems, that some folks who re-registered with v1.0.8 can send/receive again - without any further actions.

@Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

After the hiccups described above everything is working fine again.

Thanks!
(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: @Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

Well, it seems to work erratically:

Sometimes I can send and receive messages and sometimes I cannot. When it starts working again, I receive all the missing messages at once.

The desktop app works, so it does not appear to be a Signal problem.
Here is v1.0.8-3 for Mobian user with Ozone deactivated - all letters except ü and V are back.
The screen is blurry and Axolotl is laggy as in the good old times though.

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

Direct download

`wget https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mo..._arm64.deb`

When the Electron/Ozone bug is fixed, there will be a new version. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

(12-03-2021, 04:36 AM)Anna Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 03:47 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: @Anna could you try it again? Re-registering should not be necessary.

Well, it seems to work erratically:

Sometimes I can send and receive messages and sometimes I cannot. When it starts working again, I receive all the missing messages at once.

The desktop app works, so it does not appear to be a Signal problem.

Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...
(12-06-2021, 11:29 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...

The problem is also there when the phone is connected via Wifi.

I think I'll try reinstalling it. I'm confused though:

The Axolotl download contains two packages: axolotl_1.0.8-3_arm64.deb and axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb

If I follow the instructions to
Code:
sudo apt install ./axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb
wouldn't I install the older version?
(12-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Anna Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:29 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Could that be a internet connection thing? Sometimes, when my 4G is bad, I'm experiencing something similar...

The problem is also there when the phone is connected via Wifi.

I think I'll try reinstalling it. I'm confused though:

The Axolotl download contains two packages: axolotl_1.0.8-3_arm64.deb and axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb

If I follow the instructions to
Code:
sudo apt install ./axolotl_1.0.8-2_arm64.deb
wouldn't I install the older version?

In v1.0.8-3 the Electron Ozone platform is disabled because it produces a nasty bug on Wayland systems like Mobian where letters cannot be typed.

If you are ok with a blurry screen and not so fast responding app, you can use v1.0.8-3.

And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!
(12-06-2021, 12:48 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!

It finally stopped working altogether, no reception of messages at all. So I purged Axolotl yesterday, removed all nanuc-directories etc, reinstalled & reregistered it and it worked -- for some hours. Now I don't receive any messages anymore and there's no connection to the desktop app (in the past I could sometimes see the messages I had sent from the app in axolotl).
(12-12-2021, 02:46 AM)Anna Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:48 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: And regarding that strange sending/receiving behaviour: I have no clue what could be the problem, but I'll ask the devs!

It finally stopped working altogether, no reception of messages at all. So I purged Axolotl yesterday, removed all nanuc-directories etc, reinstalled & reregistered it and it worked -- for some hours. Now I don't receive any messages anymore and there's no connection to the desktop app (in the past I could sometimes see the messages I had sent from the app in axolotl).

That's new Sad Sorry to hear. Could you send me some logs
Code:
axolotl > log-file

via PM? That would be really helpful. Thank you - also for your patience and all the reports you have sent in the last weeks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 17 2,082 8 hours ago
Last Post: diederik
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 16 8,793 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: diederik
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 134 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,643 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 2,012 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,833 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 636 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,930 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,906 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 634 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton