3 Day Old Manjaro Convergence Edition 4 Sale
(11-06-2020, 06:20 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 06:07 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: If PMOS is flashed to the eMMC the outcome is txt working, phone calls can come in, calls can go out, BUT I can't hear a call going out or can anyone hear me when a call is answered nor can I hear them.
So, as of now the only OS that seems to work with T-Mobile is PMOS or at least for my phone. I'm going to put random OS's on an SD card and see it the phone still works or works better. Then I think over the weekend, I'll flash every OS onto the phone and see if PMOS is the only one that works or semi-works with T-Mobile.
So, this might not be a hardware issue at all it all might be a T-Mobile issue + OS's, the only thing that is disturbing now is the hearing making and receiving phone calls.

(11-06-2020, 05:31 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:16 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: I just replaced the SIM day before yesterday, because of this issue. It wasn't the SIM or is it . . . . . . . . .
If your verizon sim works, and two t-mobile sims do not, it's not the sims nor the hardware. It's the network. T-mobile has been making changes. That includes removing towers and bands in certain areas to accomodate 5g. You really should try some free trial or cheap sims with different networks.
What's your thoughts on my post above this one or below it,.
So, your sim does see the network. I was under the impression it didn't. The call audio issue  is known. The only OS I think has that solved is Mobian, and arch for a while. But do keep in mind, the various builds are alpha or beta at most. Things got broken recently to fix other things. Give it a little time for the Dev's to fix the fixes. Mobian for instance is undergoing a big update that will change a lot.

There is a thirteen-in-one OS build in the forums. You can try most of the available builds on one SD with it.
The only OS that sees the ( T-Mobile ) cell network is PMOS, nothing else on a SD Card and the factory installed Manjaro didn't either, nor did Mobian or Arch ( Flashed eMMC ).
I'll search for the 13 OS's and see if I can find it.
That sounds more like an apn issue rather than an OS, sim or hardware issue. Different OSes require different amounts of fiddling to get the network up and recognized. The 13-in-1 had that worked out if i recall correctly. But, things are changing in some builds, so things get broken...

Or it's a hardware update issue as someone above mentioned.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11347
(11-06-2020, 06:28 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:40 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: If PMOS is flashed to the eMMC the outcome is txt working, phone calls can come in, calls can go out, BUT I can't hear a call going out or can anyone hear me when a call is answered nor can I hear them.
So, as of now the only OS that seems to work with T-Mobile is PMOS or at least for my phone. I'm going to put random OS's on an SD card and see it the phone still works or works better. Then I think over the weekend, I'll flash every OS onto the phone and see if PMOS is the only one that works or semi-works with T-Mobile.
So, this might not be a hardware issue at all it all might be a T-Mobile issue + OS's, the only thing that is disturbing now is the hearing making and receiving phone calls.

(11-06-2020, 05:31 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: If your verizon sim works, and two t-mobile sims do not, it's not the sims nor the hardware. It's the network. T-mobile has been making changes. That includes removing towers and bands in certain areas to accomodate 5g. You really should try some free trial or cheap sims with different networks.
So, your sim does see the network. I was under the impression it didn't. The call audio issue  is known. The only OS I think has that solved is Mobian, and arch for a while. But do keep in mind, the various builds are alpha or beta at most. Things got broken recently to fix other things. Give it a little time for the Dev's to fix the fixes. Mobian for instance is undergoing a big update that will change a lot.

There is a thirteen-in-one OS build in the forums. You can try most of the available builds on one SD with it.
The only OS that sees the ( T-Mobile ) cell network is PMOS, nothing else on a SD Card and the factory installed Manjaro didn't either, nor did Mobian or Arch ( Flashed eMMC ).
That sounds more like an apn issue rather than an OS, sim or hardware issue. Different OSes require different amounts of fiddling to get the network up and recognized. The 13-in-1 had that worked out if i recall correctly. But, things are changing in some builds, so things get broken...

What would you recommend I do ? I'm going to research and learn what an "apn" is and go from there on my own, but any help is greatly appreciated. I'm a novice at this, but not scared to roll up my sleeves and do my best to figure things out on my own, if I can wrap my head head around it.
Seeing that PMOS sort of works, gives me hope that the phone isn't a defect and that it can fixed, the hurdle is what it takes to get it fixed as that challenge might be over my head at this point is my learning process.
(11-06-2020, 06:47 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote:

What would you recommend I do ? I'm going to research and learn what an "apn" is and go from there on my own, but any help is greatly appreciated. I'm a novice at this, but not scared to roll up my sleeves and do my best to figure things out on my own, if I can wrap my head head around it.
Seeing that PMOS sort of works, gives me hope that the phone isn't a defect and that it can fixed, the hurdle is what it takes to get it fixed as that challenge might be over my head at this point is my learning process.
I applaud your dedication. It appears to me your phone is perfectly functioning. Read the wiki regarding APNs https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone and try some of the recommended settings.

I also just read, the latest Mobian build fixes the audio problem. Get it from the OS wiki and flash to SD or EMMC. Don't just update from the old build.
Just FYI, just tried Manjaro phosh on my Manjaro CE edition with US Mobile, a t-mobile MVNO, and calls work both ways. Incoming messages work, outgoing does not

Ubports UTouch calls work on 3G but not 4G and sms works with a strange delay on send. Receive ok. I suspect the same will be true with Manjaro Lomiri and Plasma. But they are behind Manjaro phosh in development.

So, definately an APN issue. They will need to be set manually via the gui, or nmcli or ofono depending. I will play with it and see if I can help solve your problem. Then you won't have to sell your phone....
(11-06-2020, 07:02 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 06:47 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 06:07 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: So, your sim does see the network. I was under the impression it didn't. The call audio issue  is known. The only OS I think has that solved is Mobian, and arch for a while. But do keep in mind, the various builds are alpha or beta at most. Things got broken recently to fix other things. Give it a little time for the Dev's to fix the fixes. Mobian for instance is undergoing a big update that will change a lot.

I applaud your dedication. It appears to me your phone is perfectly functioning. Read the wiki regarding APNs https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone and try some of the recommended settings.

I also just read, the latest Mobian build fixes the audio problem. Get it from the OS wiki and flash to SD or EMMC. Don't just update from the old build.
I got my old phone ( PMOS Convergence Edition ) back from my nephew after pawning off a Moto G4 on him to play with. Yeah, I tricked him, but he's 11 he can do more with it and have another fully functional phone. I am proud to say, he is now running Mint on his laptop and thinks Window is now "stupid". So, another Linux user is born !!!
I'm going to do what I can with my limited knowledge and compare how the 2 phones behave with different OS's installed and take notes on the difference. I will read the WiKi on APN's and their settings. I also got the 13-1 images of the OS's and go through those as well on each phone and try and narrow this down as much as possible, and hopefully get one of them to work as best as they can in the stage of their development.
From my experiences,  you should be able to make phone calls,  and also send and receive 'sms' text without entering any APN.

For data and mms texts you will need to fill in the correct APN data.

Currently no Pine phone operating system supports mms texts     yet.   (That I am aware of.)

But most of the leading operating systems can connect to the net,  with the correct APN entered.

Also mentioned in a previous post from another member,

Better results seem to be seen by using a fresh flashed sd card over an 'updated' O.S. card...

In my experience anyhow.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-07-2020, 02:38 PM)bcnaz Wrote: From my experiences,  you should be able to make phone calls,  and also send and receive 'sms' text without entering any APN.

For data and mms texts you will need to fill in the correct APN data.

Currently no Pine phone operating system supports mms texts     yet.   (That I am aware of.)

But most of the leading operating systems can connect to the net,  with the correct APN entered.

Also mentioned in a previous post from another member,

Better results seem to be seen by using a fresh flashed sd card over an 'updated' O.S. card...

In my experience anyhow.
I'll give the fresh SD Card a try. I have one handy. Thanks !!
LTE APN for T-Mobile
Name: T-Mobile US
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
(11-12-2020, 10:38 AM)ThrillGates Wrote: LTE APN for T-Mobile
Name: T-Mobile US
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Thanks, I'll look into it, I haven't really messed with the phone, its just been a paper weight. I really want to use it, bc I don't use or need any gapps. I have a old moto G4 for any of that nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,701 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,623 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  box86 Actually Works Well on Manjaro Phosh/xfce jakfish 0 622 07-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  no sdcard boot and manjaro update failed Gwen 3 1,380 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone for sale in Europe tiho 7 5,396 10-19-2022, 05:35 AM
Last Post: peatord
  Tow-boot on Pinephone beta edition saddamus 10 5,303 09-11-2022, 02:43 PM
Last Post: saddamus
Rainbow New Pinephone for sale, Beta w Convergence Package megst 0 739 07-26-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: megst
  Manjaro phosh no screen rotation sandspur 1 1,312 06-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Last Post: rapp
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,955 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Selling Pinephone PostmarketOS Convergence Edition pentamassiv 0 1,057 03-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Last Post: pentamassiv