Antenna Issues Anyone ?
Hello,
Not sure if this should be posted here, bc its not a Manjaro issue. It's a antenna issue with my Manjaro edition phone I just received. I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is having this issue. The issue is, the phone isn't giving me any bars what so ever. The phone reads I have a SIM card in it, but no signal. I put the same SIM in a PMOS edition phone and 4 bars. Just checking to see if I one the only one that got a defected phone or if there are others.
Also, if any of you out there knows if there is a fix for this please please please let me know. I really don't want to go through the entire exchange process and waiting another 4 weeks for another phone, but if that's what it takes then so be it.
Thanks !!
(11-03-2020, 05:13 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Hello,
Not sure if this should be posted here, bc its not a Manjaro issue. It's a antenna issue with my Manjaro edition phone I just received. I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is having this issue. The issue is, the phone isn't giving me any bars what so ever. The phone reads I have a SIM card in it, but no signal. I put the same SIM in a PMOS edition phone and 4 bars. Just checking to see if I one the only one that got a defected phone or if there are others.
Also, if any of you out there knows if there is a fix for this please please please let me know. I really don't want to go through the entire exchange process and waiting another 4 weeks for another phone, but if that's what it takes then so be it.
Thanks !!

Have a look at this thread, worth a shot?  

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11649
(11-03-2020, 05:29 PM)MonCon Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 05:13 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Hello,
Thanks !!

Have a look at this thread, worth a shot?  

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11649
Thanks !!! I'll read through it now.
Hello Everyone !!
I'll delete this post, unless this might help other, but I doubt it. So, I read through the the link the kind person above left. It blew my mind !! Was way over my head. Then after frustration, it hit me this is part of the reason I bought another PinePhone was to learn and work through these tiks.
I just found a old Verizon Sim Card, and low and beyond full bars !!! So, I jumped the gun and panicked and all it seems to be is my T-Mobile Sim Card, which I will go and replace today.
If this is the fix then I'll move forward playing with Manjaro. I will be honest, I thought I was going to just jump right in with Mobian, but after briefly clicking around, Manjaro might be the OS I stick with. I've know nothing about Arch or anything Arch based, so this might be something worth learning right here.
All the excitement is back !!!
US carriers and bands are notoriously awkward. Glad you found a solution.

@NobodyNew1 You could mark the thread as "Solved" instead of deleting it.
(11-04-2020, 07:37 AM)jed Wrote: US carriers and bands are notoriously awkward. Glad you found a solution.

@NobodyNew1 You could mark the thread as "Solved" instead of deleting it.
I got a new SIM Card today from T-Mobile and not working, but the Verizon SIM Card is. So, as of now I can say Verizon SIM's show up, but the SIM isn't activated ( not sure if that matters ) so I haven't been able to see if the V- SIM actually works.
I opened up a ticket and this was their response, which I'll try now and see if that somehow fixes the T-Mobile SIM Card issue. I will have to see what APN Info is, as I don't know what that is.

Please to inform you that you are advise to reinstall OS via jumpdrive then upgrade it.

At the same time, please check privacy switches are all up, add in APN info then try connecting. 

Hope it will help.

Thank you.

Regards,

support team # 4...

Just tried that and that doesn't work. So, I now have a useless phone, because I'm not switching carriers for it. What a bummer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Phosh Issues Csanderson0313 7 5,882 03-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Csanderson0313
  beta 14 anbox network bridging issues? pjsf 0 1,083 09-14-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: pjsf
  Dodgy eMMC/image or issues with Plasma itself grump_fiddle_reinstall 2 2,164 09-09-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  Wi-Fi Issues (Plasma and Lomiri) PineSupporter 11 11,420 08-10-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Josewalton
  Manjaro/Plasma Mobile, Lock Screen issues after update gamerminstrel 2 2,584 05-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Last Post: kat22