What works. What doesn't work.
No problem. It's interesting that it has audio routing working in calls and everything, but audio is at full volume, so it's deafeningly loud in headphones. (I read the dev say that Dalton from UBPorts helped him get the alsa set up working, which was pretty cool). Alsamixer doesn't appear to really help. So if it's different for you, let me know!
(11-09-2020, 05:02 PM)stemplet Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:36 AM)W64 Wrote: I was playing with Sailfish yesterday and when I was trying to change ring and other tones, there was no sound when previewing them even after adjusting volume. I know the speaker works because it has not been a problem with other distro's.

They enabled it with the 5.10 kernel update, I think, so you have to do an update to get audio. It's awkward, but it works. It ignores volume controls, for example. I think you can do a devel-su update from the terminal (using your developer credentials from the settings app)

Code:
devel-su
zypper ref
zypper dup
reboot

I think that will do it. Might take a minute, though.
I tried it and all was going well until I reboot. I got the endless blue circle and could not swipe right or left. I have the OS on an SD card so not sure if its because of that or the fact I had a screen pass code or what. UPDATE: I got it to work. I deleted my pass code and inserted a working SIM (phone did not recognize it) and repeated the above code in terminal. I rebooted and alas, I had sound. Thanks for the input everyone! Smile
(11-09-2020, 08:11 PM)W64 Wrote: I tried it and all was going well until I reboot. I got the endless blue circle and could not swipe right or left. I have the OS on an SD card so not sure if its because of that or the fact I had a screen pass code or what.
^The blue spinner seems quite random but is usually solved by putting a sim card in, even an old defunct one. Otherwise, search through here, there are ways to get round it if you can swipe down the top bar. To be safe I always disable the loch screen pass asap.
Sim card fixes it, its been mentioned in every other thread so have a gander around. If you're running another OS like Mobian, do a full boot of that first then boot into SF. Seems to work for me without a Sim card installed Smile
If anyone can figure out how to google login on webcat on sailfish 3.4 you will be my best friend!
(11-11-2020, 12:02 AM)clover Wrote: If anyone can figure out how to google login on webcat on sailfish 3.4 you will be my best friend!

Have you tried WebPirate on the open repos?
Guys, how is the power management compared to say Mobian ? Is pp more power hungry on Sailfish ?
(11-11-2020, 03:28 AM)as400 Wrote: Guys, how is the power management compared to say Mobian ? Is pp more power hungry on Sailfish ?
My understanding is that there's no real power management in SailfishOS on PinePhone right now. I don't think they've implemented anything like the CRUST stuff yet. Sailfish is very thirsty by comparison.
Hello, I have the Manjaro edition pinephone and I flashed SD card with sailfish OS, but I can't unlock sim card. It is detected, but when i try to unlock it in settings I can see dialog asking for pin but when i try to confirm pin it does nothing. I have same problem with telegram, I insert login code and than nothing is happening. Does someone has any idea how to fix ti?
(11-12-2020, 01:09 AM)liewyec Wrote: Hello, I have the Manjaro edition pinephone and I flashed SD card with sailfish OS, but I can't unlock sim card. It is detected, but when i try to unlock it in settings I can see dialog asking for pin but when i try to confirm pin it does nothing. I have same problem with telegram, I insert login code and than nothing is happening. Does someone has any idea how to fix ti?
Sorry for the stupid question but you did accept your input by swiping?