What works. What doesn't work.
These are just notes. If you have any info PM me and I'll edit this and try to keep the thread to a single post.

WORKING
ssh
Updated to Megi's 5.10 kernel Sailfish Connect now works.
Nextcloud sync works, calendar and contacts.
Media player/audio
Email
Receives calls, outgoing unreliable at best.
SMS
MTP
Telegram, using native clients, none do audio as yet
Signal, native client Whisperfish is now in alpha 4 and under heavy development. Works for basic necessities.

NOT WORKING
Camera
Native browser doesn't work, webcat works.
Flatpak
Outgoing calls
GPS
Bluetooth (but works on Pinetab so may not be too difficult)
For other less critical enthusiasts SailsfishOS does work?
You might have forgotten the required salto mortale backwards...
Is GPS working?
(11-04-2020, 04:46 PM)josekar Wrote: Is GPS working?

Not for me, right now.
Im having issues with it noticing my SIM card. How'd you bypass that?
SIM was automatically noticed. Perhaps your carrier is not supported.

Another weird thing i found: Lockscreen ui does not load on my ubports edition pinephone, but it does work on my postmarket edition. I can't figure out why.
(11-08-2020, 04:56 PM)clover Wrote: SIM was automatically noticed. Perhaps your carrier is not supported.

Another weird thing i found: Lockscreen ui does not load on my ubports edition pinephone, but it does work on my postmarket edition. I can't figure out why.
I'll give that a go when I get home. I had the same issue with the lock screen but when I just let the phone die then charge it up and turn it back on it seems to get rid of that issue with the lockscreen.
I was playing with Sailfish yesterday and when I was trying to change ring and other tones, there was no sound when previewing them even after adjusting volume. I know the speaker works because it has not been a problem with other distro's.
(11-09-2020, 10:36 AM)W64 Wrote: I was playing with Sailfish yesterday and when I was trying to change ring and other tones, there was no sound when previewing them even after adjusting volume. I know the speaker works because it has not been a problem with other distro's.

They enabled it with the 5.10 kernel update, I think, so you have to do an update to get audio. It's awkward, but it works. It ignores volume controls, for example. I think you can do a devel-su update from the terminal (using your developer credentials from the settings app)

Code:
devel-su
zypper ref
zypper dup
reboot

I think that will do it. Might take a minute, though.
(11-09-2020, 05:02 PM)stemplet Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:36 AM)W64 Wrote: I was playing with Sailfish yesterday and when I was trying to change ring and other tones, there was no sound when previewing them even after adjusting volume. I know the speaker works because it has not been a problem with other distro's.

They enabled it with the 5.10 kernel update, I think, so you have to do an update to get audio. It's awkward, but it works. It ignores volume controls, for example. I think you can do a devel-su update from the terminal (using your developer credentials from the settings app)

Code:
devel-su
zypper ref
zypper dup
reboot

I think that will do it. Might take a minute, though.
I'll give it a try; Thank you!