Repo with flashable SailfishOS IMG files
(11-03-2020, 05:55 AM)patrickjquinn Wrote: Audio is working and i'm now checking other functionality and battery life. Do a zypper ref & dup to get the latest changes Smile
Do you mean call audio? I changed some notification audio yesterday and they were working ok. I haven't put a sim in it for ages. I was thinking we should start a new thread "What works, what doesn't work"...a complete list.
(11-03-2020, 06:46 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 05:55 AM)patrickjquinn Wrote: Audio is working and i'm now checking other functionality and battery life. Do a zypper ref & dup to get the latest changes Smile
Do you mean call audio? I changed some notification audio yesterday and they were working ok. I haven't put a sim in it for ages. I was thinking we should start a new thread "What works, what doesn't work"...a complete list.

No general audio was broken as of the 5.9 kernel release and 3.4 SF OS, its fixed now. Havent tried calls at all in fact.

A new thread with observations would be great, we all need to be sure to report those issues on the GitHub repo as soon as they're first mentioned and validated on the thread.

Re; the latest changes with the new kernel. Performance is dramatically improved even on SD. Battery life is slightly worse. Good progress made none the less.
IMHO it is an imposition that consecutive images offered here are completely broken and do not work at all. It shows full disresepect of the readers time...
(11-03-2020, 09:31 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: IMHO it is an imposition that consecutive images offered here are completely broken and do not work at all. It shows full disresepect of the readers time...

You could always not read and save yourself the disrespect.

That would also save the volunteers working on the software from having to deal with the disrespect of your entitlement.
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
(11-03-2020, 09:31 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote: IMHO it is an imposition that consecutive images offered here are completely broken and do not work at all. It shows full disresepect of the readers time...

They do work and I have a working SailfishOS install thanks to them. You're more than welcome to test the flash-it script instead.
(11-03-2020, 09:43 AM)patrickjquinn Wrote:

They do work and I have a working SailfishOS install thanks to them. You're more than welcome to test the flash-it script instead.
These images are for people who use mac or windows and can't use flash-it script. They work.
 It can happen that the first boot stalls before getting to setting the security code, with a spinner. Swipe down the indicator bar, click the power button then choose shut down. Next boot works fine.
Do you really think someone is uploading faulty images just to piss you off?
(11-03-2020, 10:27 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:

These images are for people who use mac or windows and can't use flash-it script. They work.
 It can happen that the first boot stalls before getting to setting the security code, with a spinner. Swipe down the indicator bar, click the power button then choose shut down. Next boot works fine.
And do not forget to perform double salto mortale backwards before starting...
Problem even with latest build is that the modem does not sleep at all. Stays always on and also is very warm.

I think THIS is the problem with the enormous appetite of the pinephone for energy. Seems for me that CRUST has not found it's way to the build?

Can you point me to some info about how to use this? I did a developer-su 3.4 update a big ago, but it seemed very specific to that. I'm not sure how to tell it I want the 5.10 kernel. I'm probably missing a lot here -- new system to me! Smile
(11-03-2020, 11:04 AM)stemplet Wrote:

Can you point me to some info about how to use this? I did a developer-su 3.4 update a big ago, but it seemed very specific to that. I'm not sure how to tell it I want the 5.10 kernel. I'm probably missing a lot here -- new system to me! Smile

devel-su 

zypper ref 

zypper dup 

reboot

(11-03-2020, 10:40 AM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 10:27 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:

And do not forget to perform double salto mortale backwards before starting...

Dude come on, you're just pissing people off and coming across as an ungrateful person.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using Windows 10 to install SailfishOS Kimberley van Buyten 1 1,223 12-05-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Andidoko
  flash-it.sh script currently unable to create a SailfishOS image acrux 3 3,461 07-23-2021, 01:06 AM
Last Post: OhneZ
  SailfishOS status/progress? Sombrer0 40 42,381 11-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: clover
  SailfishOS - open source collaboration meeting 19.03.2020 as400 3 4,737 06-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: patrickjquinn
  SailfishOS - Android App Support as400 15 20,861 05-28-2020, 03:29 AM
Last Post: patrickjquinn