Keyboard settings not saved on reboot
Every time I start up the pbp the keyboard switches back to the default UK English, when I want US English. I have to manually switch it to US everytime. How I can make it save the setting? And yes, I hit apply.
(10-30-2020, 10:47 AM)motezart Wrote: Every time I start up the pbp the keyboard switches back to the default UK English, when I want US English. I have to manually switch it to US everytime. How I can make it save the setting? And yes, I hit apply.
When you are in that settings page, after selecting us eng then delete the uk eng. I believe that should fix it. Let me know if that works.
(10-30-2020, 01:24 PM)FeMike Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:47 AM)motezart Wrote: Every time I start up the pbp the keyboard switches back to the default UK English, when I want US English. I have to manually switch it to US everytime. How I can make it save the setting? And yes, I hit apply.
When you are in that settings page, after selecting us eng then delete the uk eng. I believe that should fix it. Let me know if that works.
Hey, how do I delete it? I've right clicked. I can't see any way to do it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-02-2020, 06:00 PM)motezart Wrote:

Sorry I didn't know you were using manjaro, mine came with Debian and there is an option to remove the uk keyboard. When you first set up you pb did  you pick uk by accident? I just replaced my factory Debian with Manjaro as that is what comes with them now and set my keyboard during the set up. Unless someone chimes in, when I get home from work I'll look to see how to do this in manjaro. I found this online, https://low-orbit.net/arch-linux-how-to-...ard-layout Manjaro is arch based so this may work.
(11-05-2020, 03:57 AM)FeMike Wrote:

Sorry I didn't know you were using manjaro, mine came with Debian and there is an option to remove the uk keyboard. When you first set up you pb did  you pick uk by accident? I just replaced my factory Debian with Manjaro as that is what comes with them now and set my keyboard during the set up. Unless someone chimes in, when I get home from work I'll look to see how to do this in manjaro. I found this online, https://low-orbit.net/arch-linux-how-to-...ard-layout Manjaro is arch based so this may work.
It was set to UK out of the box.  I don't think I set it to UK when I did initial setup. It still isn't saving the settings after power down.
(11-10-2020, 02:44 PM)motezart Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 03:57 AM)FeMike Wrote:

It was set to UK out of the box.  I don't think I set it to UK when I did initial setup. It still isn't saving the settings after power down.
After you select your desired keyboard, click on the one you don't want and the delete button should now be active. I also noticed that if I have 2 or more keyboard layouts it allows you to move them up or down in the list, I wonder if when it boots it looks for the first one in the list to default to. Try moving the us to the top of list and reboot to see if it sticks before you delete the uk one.

Edit: After selecting a new keyboard and moving it to the top of the list I can confirm that the layout that is at the top of the list will be persistent across reboots. So I would add you us keyboard and move it to the top and you'll be good to go.
in system settings go to hardware - input device, then the Layouts tab and try switching it from there. It worked for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 233 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Dead Pinebook Pro Keyboard Keys calinb 2 974 09-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: calinb
  power on Pinebook Pro mainboard without keyboard? papable 0 786 07-20-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: papable
  ISO keyboard Pinebook pro for sale tgrauss 3 3,503 11-01-2022, 04:45 AM
Last Post: tgrauss
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,829 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,141 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
  Selling PineBook PRO with ISO Keyboard + NVME firefox-58 27 17,844 04-08-2022, 06:23 AM
Last Post: firefox-58
  Selling PineBook PRO with ANSI Keyboard + NVME woodeen 3 3,038 11-30-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: luca22
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,505 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z
Information 3rd party keyboard review golbinex 4 3,598 08-17-2021, 06:15 AM
Last Post: boteium