Battery won't charge.
There's a whole load of 'it depends' around charging - which standards the charger or port supports, whether your board has the CC fix, OS support etc. The connector doesn't always tell the whole story as some C ports support one standard and some the other. See https://xnux.eu/devices/feature/anx7688.html for details - in summary a charger supporting the Battery Charging standard should be reliable, while a new Power Delivery one may fall back to 500mA if you don't manually set a current limit - and that's assuming you've got a board with the CC fix (1.2a or you've one some soldering)
I have a similar issue, not sure whether it's worth a separate thread.

I can power my phone on while it's connected, but the battery is 0%. As soon as I unplug the phone it just turns off. Do I have a naff battery?
(01-24-2021, 01:50 PM)Twig Wrote: I can power my phone on while it's connected, but the battery is 0%. As soon as I unplug the phone it just turns off. Do I have a naff battery?

The standard question at this point is: Did you take the plastic out from under the battery?
Haha, yeah I should have stated that. I've had this phone since the summer(?), whenever the PostmarketOS phone was out. I guess one option would be to source a new battery and see what happens (I don't think they're in stock though).
(01-25-2021, 02:13 AM)Twig Wrote: Haha, yeah I should have stated that. I've had this phone since the summer(?), whenever the PostmarketOS phone was out. I guess one option would be to source a new battery and see what happens (I don't think they're in stock though).

Someone who knows hardware probably starts with checking voltages, etc. But I only know software, where I would go in the direction of having a look under /sys/ to see what Linux thinks of the battery, if anything. Looks like it's under /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x_battery/ . Also, the battery is supposed to be compatible with some other common one whose name I don't remember off the top of my head.
(01-25-2021, 02:13 AM)Twig Wrote: Haha, yeah I should have stated that. I've had this phone since the summer(?), whenever the PostmarketOS phone was out. I guess one option would be to source a new battery and see what happens (I don't think they're in stock though).

I bought a spare Samsung EB-BJ700BBC battery off eBay and it works fine. I just had to take off a plastic molding that was glued to the bottom edge of the battery so it would fit.
Ordered one of those batteries!

And when I'm able I'll try nosing around under /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x_battery/ and see what's what.

Thanks both!
Ok, I've had a chance to have a look again. I used a fresh Mobian SD.

Battery says 0% and there is an entry for axp20x_battery and axp20x_battery-usb, not sure what I'm looking for beyond that? It's ticked up to 1%!

The Wifi seems to be crossed out from the drop down menu. In the settings it says "No WiFi Adaptor Found", which is a bit worrying.

Any advice would be most welcome! I hope my wifi isn't dead.
Hmmm, just tried flashing to the emmc with the stable Mobian and the wifi seems to work.

Battery seems to be charged (for now). Not quite sure what happened. I'll see what happens. Perhaps it was the battery. Will check the old one again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 366 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,200 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  Battery life improvement freelectro 10 2,946 06-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 1,413 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  Power supply vs battery albafrati 11 4,329 06-22-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: albafrati
  Pinephone refusing to charge while suspended tiol 0 877 04-29-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: tiol
  What PD charger/dock combo results in PP battery not draining while using convergence james8880 0 1,392 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: james8880
  How to charge with 3 ampere / 5 volt / 15 watts? lacriz 3 2,386 03-10-2022, 11:09 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Battery mot charging past 54% StickyPine 32 25,303 02-26-2022, 02:07 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Battery replacement alternative sax1960 7 6,115 08-29-2021, 07:03 AM
Last Post: bcnaz