eMMC not gets detected by initramfs?
Hi, this is my first thread, I'm new to PINE64 and need help with a Pinebook Pro.

So... My PBP has elementary OS installed on its internal disk, but after not charging for a while (I guess, it can be some other cause), initramfs stops detecting the eMMC... It says something like "UUID=xxx not found dropping to shell", and in the busybox terminal I found out that there's just no mmcblk2 detected! In /sys/block/ there's only mmcblk1 - my SD card! But the eMMC is definitely not dead, because the PBP still can find the bootloader from eMMC.

So what happens inside my PBP so initramfs can't detect it, but the firmware does??? And the problem just dissappears when charging for a while again?

And sorry if this question is stupid and it's on the first page of some documentation and was answered ~90 times on this forum and it would get 1000 downvotes on stackoverflow.
Yea, it really does boot after gets charged (and it doesn't after no charging even if it has 100%)... How is that possible?
Not stupid at all, the hardware sometimes is a bit flaky
Just a guess,, emmc maybe starting to die OR needs to removed, reinserted (more likely)
Some came from shipping with emmc rattling around inside, maybe you bumped it wrong?
(so clearly there is no screw to hold it down)
And just how do you know it is using emmc uboot? There is a uboot on SD,
just in case there is no emmc installed
(10-27-2020, 09:18 AM)wdt Wrote: Not stupid at all, the hardware sometimes is a bit flaky
Just a guess,, emmc maybe starting to die OR needs to removed, reinserted (more likely)
Some came from shipping with emmc rattling around inside, maybe you bumped it wrong?
(so clearly there is no screw to hold it down)
And just how do you know it is using emmc uboot?  There is a uboot on SD,
just in case there is no emmc installed

Thank you for help!

I bought this PBP a week ago, don't think that the eMMC will start to die so fast. It maybe got damaged in shipping (I live in Europe) or just fell of as you say.
Taking the SD card out doesn't help either.

The most likely working solution will be to reinsert the internal eMMC, let me try that later
It didn't help.

I should have mentioned that it also says "mmc2: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card" (pretty British lol). Then, is my eMMC broken?
Will initramfs of another distro work better? I think so. Let me now install Manjaro GNOME and see.
(11-04-2020, 03:13 PM)overlisted Wrote: It didn't help.

I should have mentioned that it also says "mmc2: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card" (pretty British lol). Then, is my eMMC broken?
Will initramfs of another distro work better? I think so. Let me now install Manjaro GNOME and see.

Did you ever get this resolved?
(05-09-2021, 05:36 PM)djhnsn Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 03:13 PM)overlisted Wrote: It didn't help.

Did you ever get this resolved?

These are the uboot files from kali. I haven't tried this on anything but kali. However it just booted about 20x in a row. Maybe I will try them elsewhere. 

https://www26.zippyshare.com/v/CgMcFv09/file.html

If anyone knows of a better free file hosting site, feel free to rehost it.

Edit: I did try these files flashed to manjaro, but uboot failed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 58,784 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt
  I'm booting from NVME but I want to switch back to eMMC acruhl 4 1,367 04-23-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: acruhl
  Doesn’t power on after flashing emmc badguru 3 1,119 02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: badguru
  eMMC problem with Tow-Boot/u-boot on SPI repa 3 1,594 02-21-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: repa
  Partial boot after installing Manjaro on emmc regivanx 11 2,907 02-06-2023, 09:11 AM
  Unable to Boot anything (emmc or SDcard) line72 5 1,869 01-17-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: nfms
  What OS have you recently flashed onto PBP eMMC? jcun4128 6 2,213 11-26-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Unable to boot from emmc after flashing it rfm83 3 1,648 11-08-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: rfm83
  Pinebook picky about which EMMC will boot flatulent_piney 8 2,851 11-05-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: ajtravis
  After Flashing eMMC, Will Not Boot Mossbot 5 2,207 09-28-2022, 06:22 PM