wifi chip
Exclamation 
Hi, I ordered the pine64 512 mb version. I received my order and proceeded to download debian, the initial boot went flawlessly. But, I cant seam to get Wi-Fi to work AT ALL. I purchased the add-on "on board" Wi-Fi chip from the pine64 kickstarter page. And now that I have it booted up and all I can't even find how I am supposed to access Wi-Fi on the pine64 Huh . Please help. Thank you in advance for any help ya'll can provide.
I assume installed the wifi card on the board. You will need to tell us what OS you are running.
(05-28-2016, 12:14 AM)JamesHarris Wrote: I assume installed the wifi card on the board. You will need to tell us what  OS you are running.

the os i installed is the debian os from the pine64 download page, and yes i did install the card onto the board but its not doing anything
The first question is the interface detected by the kernel?

try
sudo /sbin/ifconfig -a

hopefully you have a wlan0,. but it might be rename4.

then try
sudo /sbin/iwconfig

you will want to configure wlan0/rename4 not wlan1
I would suggest using the command line examples for wifi configuration.
just setup the /etc/network/interfaces file correctly, ala add a wlan0 stanza then do 'sudo ifup wlan0' and it should be on wifi.
I am having a similar issue but I am running the Android 5.1 OS that came with the package. It doesn't seem to recognize the WiFi chip. Any suggestions?
I also am having the same issue. I have the 4k media version. Got the add on wifi/Bluetooth module. It will say in settings that it's turned on but won't detect any networks. Is there a driver that needs to be downloaded for the module to work. If so is there a link? Can't find anything on software downloads.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiFi nano adapter EDIMAX chrissiles 7 10,513 02-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Matthew
  WiFi module questions EricNelson 4 7,098 04-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Last Post: EricNelson
  WiFi Adapter Broke??? joshdude58 3 6,442 02-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: xalius
  USB Wifi Dongle XFSmiles 18 28,653 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: pres
  MAC address of Pine wifi and Bluetooth addon clawinus 2 5,776 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: pfeerick