KODI???
Which is better to run Kodi,Android or Remix OS?
I do believe that it is mostly a question of taste. It depends on whether you want/ need a traditional desktop environment or not. There may be minor performance differences between RemixOS and Android too, but I cannot speak to that as I haven't checked.

[edit] if anyone cares - I had no issues with running kodi on RemixOS
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

This is also something I'm interested in.

Is there a specific configuration for Kodi?
I installed it yesterday and played around for a few minutes but I experienced a few crashes and couldn't ''exit'' the app. I had to kill it with Android home buttons.
(05-27-2016, 09:17 PM)mcc1961 Wrote: Which is better to run Kodi,Android or Remix OS?

Should be same, but Remix may make more system memory resource for to windows environment. If you have 1GB board, my takes is Android.
I just tried kodi again.
Re-installed it and the problem with exit button is now fixed.

I'm able to stream online content up to 720p but 1080p is absolutely not watchable....

The absence of GPU HW acceleration is more than evident here. This is not that the Pine is not powerful enough in terms of HW as I can stream fluid 1080p content on my RPi2 running OpenElec. Given that Pine64 is several times more powerful than RPi2 it is safe to assume that it's a matter of software.

I hope HW acceleration will be enabled soon and also that issue with HDMI driver and compatibility with 720p monitors will soon be fixed.
(05-29-2016, 02:56 AM)g_t_j Wrote: I just tried kodi again.
Re-installed it and the problem with exit button is now fixed.

I'm able to stream online content up to 720p but 1080p is absolutely not watchable....

The absence of GPU HW acceleration is more than evident here. This is not that the Pine is not powerful enough in terms of HW as I can stream fluid 1080p content on my RPi2 running OpenElec. Given that Pine64 is several times more powerful than RPi2 it is safe to assume that it's a matter of software.

I hope HW acceleration will be enabled soon and also that issue with HDMI driver and compatibility with 720p monitors will soon be fixed.
Frankly speaking, the Mali GPU just for graphic rendering. The video playback handles by VPU. For fully utilize the VPU decoding, you need to switch the Kodi to native playback instead of using their default one. I forget the actual step and you may able to find out by goggling. The end results is your can easily playback BD rip high bitrate 1080P video content on Pine A64.

For native playback tried out on the A64 VPU capability, just use the medi aplayer that preinstalled on the Android build.
FYI, I de-selected hardware acceleration from Kodi's settings (which was selected by default) and now I'm able to stream 1080p content.

There are very few ''pixelated'' glitches here and there (depending probably on the source) but the experience is v good overall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kodi on Android Mikiya 82 154,641 04-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Android 7.1 - KODI & PVR Add on (VU+) Partymack711 0 2,175 02-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Kodi Network Diviuss 4 5,873 08-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Diviuss
  Which image runs Kodi & plays You Tube video koda 2 4,276 07-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: koda
  Stream torrents with Kodi on Android Treville 1 6,099 07-09-2016, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Treville