Anbox on Manjaro 20.10
(01-01-2021, 08:03 AM)jiyong Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 08:33 AM)Mangled Wrote: Are there still problems running apps? It would often crash before. Did you have to do any tweaks to get it working better or did the update fix the issue?

Yes there are still problems.
Don't expect games to run.
It's still work in progress.
Glad to know I am not alone.  Running Manjaro 20.12 updated today, kernel updated to 5.7.19-1.  Install ANBOX and rebooted.
Anbox starts, shows starting screen, then dies.  

Is this a "wait until the software catches up" kind of issue, or is there something I can do to improve life?
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
(01-01-2021, 03:22 PM)wpeckham Wrote: Glad to know I am not alone.  Running Manjaro 20.12 updated today, kernel updated to 5.7.19-1.  Install ANBOX and rebooted.

Is this a "wait until the software catches up" kind of issue, or is there something I can do to improve life?

I know there are good reasons to stay on kernel 5.7.x, but I think that Anbox needs a more recent kernel.
Perhaps there is still a way to get it working, but that is beyond my knowledge.

Here is an example of Anbox running on the PBP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8_Q11dATs&t=375s
(01-02-2021, 04:51 AM)jiyong Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 03:22 PM)wpeckham Wrote: Glad to know I am not alone.  Running Manjaro 20.12 updated today, kernel updated to 5.7.19-1.  Install ANBOX and rebooted.

I know there are good reasons to stay on kernel 5.7.x, but I think that Anbox needs a more recent kernel.
Perhaps there is still a way to get it working, but that is beyond my knowledge.

Here is an example of Anbox running on the PBP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8_Q11dATs&t=375s
The kernel I am running is the newest in the REPO.  Is there a way to get a more recent AARCH64 kernel for a PBP?
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
(01-17-2021, 08:47 AM)wpeckham Wrote: The kernel I am running is the newest in the REPO.  Is there a way to get a more recent AARCH64 kernel for a PBP?

Are you really on Manjaro 20.12?
I don't remember I did anything to switch kernels.
hostnamectl tells me: Kernel: Linux 5.10.2-1-MANJARO-ARM
(01-17-2021, 11:47 AM)jiyong Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 08:47 AM)wpeckham Wrote: The kernel I am running is the newest in the REPO.  Is there a way to get a more recent AARCH64 kernel for a PBP?

Are you really on Manjaro 20.12?
I don't remember I did anything to switch kernels.
hostnamectl tells me: Kernel: Linux 5.10.2-1-MANJARO-ARM
I tried the 5.10.x all ARM devices kernel, and ANBOX was able to start.  It would not actually run any apps without crashing, but it ran.  Alas, my Pro started lockign up with the flashing poer light so I had to drop back to the 5.7.* kernel that is PPro specific.  It does not crash, but it does not run ANBOX well either.  I have to wait for updates to ANBOX and perhaps a kernel update to see if additional testing is justified.

Thanks for the pointer!
jiyong Wrote:Manjaro 20.10 has Linux Kernel 5.8 and now it's really easy to install and run Anbox.
It's not very fast, but at least it's a start.

I started "Run Anbox" and Anbox, but failed.
After a reboot Anbox works.
I think we need better OpenGL support for games like Super Tux Kart to work in Anbox.
Anyone know how to install steam using box86 I think its called
(02-10-2021, 04:12 PM)pcx Wrote: Anyone know how to install steam using box86 I think its called

You should create new topic. Use Qemu User Emulation, but Steam is probably too big for work with nice performance