openSUSE Tumbleweed
(10-20-2020, 11:29 PM)tllim Wrote: Thanks on the write up and sorry that wiki site missing this openSUSE build. Please help to include this build to wiki and reference to this thread.

I would update the wiki, but changing my skin in my preferences has locked me out with an HTTP 500 error. So I can't even view any pages if I log in now, nevermind editing. Undecided

Also, one thing I left out of my writeup that I probably should have noted: I have only tested MicroSD installs, as I do not have a suitable eMMC (I just have a bunch of SD cards, sorry). I, however, believe it would work perfectly on the eMMC based on how the image is constructed (for the insanely curious, take a look at https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/...y:ARM/JeOS an especially Images.kiwi.in within that package) and the results others have had with other distros. If anyone with an eMMC tries it out and has trouble, please let me know and I'll do my best to help even if that means buying myself an eMMC and submitting changes to the OBS project to fix the image. Smile

And, speaking of images, it appears openSUSE additionally builds images for pine a64, pinephone, and rockpi4... And they have instructions for manually bootstrapping on pine h64. So I might need to find myself additional hardware to keep occupied during the ongoing crisis and see how it runs and what might need fixing on other devices... Running a PinePhone as a server might be an interesting way to have a low-power server with always-on data and reliable timekeeping available!

Messages In This Thread
openSUSE Tumbleweed - by lewellyn - 10-20-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: openSUSE Tumbleweed - by tllim - 10-20-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: openSUSE Tumbleweed - by lewellyn - 10-21-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: openSUSE Tumbleweed - by Rocklobster - 10-22-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: openSUSE Tumbleweed - by lewellyn - 10-23-2020, 02:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linux 5.15 Kernel - openSuse mark1250 0 1,243 12-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: mark1250