[WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha
Ideally the flash-it script would work and I wouldn't need to provide them, but that's not the state we're in yet.
I'll do another rebuild an alpha tomorrow.
Yippeee....get that sorted and I will do some more social media posts to drive up interest - even sticking up a crappy screenie stoked lots of interest.

If easier for you then I can publish more and more info - screenshots (if I can get that working but even better photos ) as it works really well
(11-04-2020, 10:45 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: Ideally the flash-it script would work and I wouldn't need to provide them, but that's not the state we're in yet.
Thank you for your work on this. I was hoping to trial SF on the Pinetab today after seeing the Twitter posts, but after using flash-it it only boots to blackscreen. From what I gather from the thread, there needs to be another update. Flash-it went through the install to SD process and said it was ready to use, if that helps. Pinetab did power up, but that was it. At any rate, I will keep on eye on this thread for updates.
(11-04-2020, 02:36 PM)ImaPagan Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:45 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: Ideally the flash-it script would work and I wouldn't need to provide them, but that's not the state we're in yet.
Thank you for your work on this. I was hoping to trial SF on the Pinetab today after seeing the Twitter posts, but after using flash-it it only boots to blackscreen. From what I gather from the thread, there needs to be another update. Flash-it went through the install to SD process and said it was ready to use, if that helps. Pinetab did power up, but that was it. At any rate, I will keep on eye on this thread for updates.

If you can hang on they are going to update the image to download (full image) very soon from the first Alpha Build
If you want to try it now - see the first post with the reference and link to the full image - be warned it is a full 15gb img 

http://peperjohnny.org/dl/sfos.img.gz
I uploaded a new image and put the link in the first post. I've not had too much time testing, but it booted up and connected to Wi-Fi and BT so that seems fine. I warn against updating right now, because then you'll get a kernel with a not booting system. You can probably update everything besides it.
(11-05-2020, 10:19 AM)andybleaden@gmail.com Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 02:36 PM)ImaPagan Wrote:

If you can hang on they are going to update the image to download (full image) very soon from the first Alpha Build
If you want to try it now - see the first post with the reference and link to the full image - be warned it is a full 15gb img 

http://peperjohnny.org/dl/sfos.img.gz
Thanks for the information. I think I will wait a bit to try again. It sounds very promising.
(11-05-2020, 12:36 PM)peperjohnny Wrote: I uploaded a new image and put the link in the first post. I've not had too much time testing, but it booted up and connected to Wi-Fi and BT so that seems fine. I warn against updating right now, because then you'll get a kernel with a not booting system. You can probably update everything besides it.
Brilliant
Much appreciated

Will target this as a priority today and install, test then do some publicity and filming and pictures with maybe some info on how to set up etc + heads up on what works, what does not and tips and tricks
Quick feedback 

Image flashed and working

All works so far with one exception that the sound is again broken for some reason that even alsamixer wont free up

Bluetooth connects
Keyboard 
Rotation

Will spend some more time later with alsamixer but no sound through headphones/speakers or bluetooth - odd as the base file through the .flash-it file worked

More later

Thanks 

This is nearly nearly there! 

Rotation working really smoothly and will need to download the other browser as the browser is  bust
If you do the updates, but ignore the kernel, sound should be working.
(11-06-2020, 10:27 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: If you do the updates, but ignore the kernel, sound should be working.
Hmm tried that and it downgraded several packages 
You mean zypper refresh/dist-upgrade?
Also...if I want to stick on the emmc - will it work straight via etcher or not.
Tried once and it failed - guessing that is the different image sizes?
One positive is I now know how to reinstall Ubuntu! :-)

Also ....seeing as we are getting the interest via social media I will retry and re -update as it works (save sound) like a dream and cannot wait to have this on the tablet (emmc) - I assume you already do or are you running it via the SD card still?

Lastly...was thinking of get a session when more people are interested to suss out fixes/tips etc
Interested?