Latest firmware for PinePhone modem!
(10-15-2020, 10:30 AM)firefox-58 Wrote: Here also sudo was needed. All was running flawlessly. Now testing the modem

Kernel:
Linux manjaro-arm 5.7.19-5-MANJARO-ARM #1 SMP Sun Oct 4 13:15:52 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

In the release notes, I didn't see power management improvements or audio improvements, but if you can observe any please let us know!
(10-15-2020, 09:24 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote: Great work! Flashed just now via Mobian (SD card) on my PostmarketOS CE PinePhone. Needed sudo before the command, and had to chown and chmod the directories since I extracted the files on Windows and copied them over via USB. Aside from initial permission issues due to no sudo, all went well as far as I can tell. The modem info displays properly in the settings, calls work. The Phone app does occasionally crash on me, but that's probably an issue with Mobian, or more specifically, Mobian with all the things I've installed and changed on my end. Haven't switched over to my PinePhone just yet as my daily driver, and won't until MMS is supported, so I don't have much data to compare this firmware to the previous, but I can at least confirm calling and data work. Will need to test SMS.

"had to chown and chmod the directories"

additional I had no access to the serial port
Code:
sudo chown :root /dev/ttyUSB0

Update sucessful ! Smile
(10-13-2020, 09:44 AM)Subsentient Wrote: ...
Afterwards, if it says upgrade succeeded, you're good.
Worked fine for me - did a sudo upfront based on reports above, whether it was needed or not.

Incredible work/progress by you & @megous  - thank you!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Will it work on majaro phosh beta1? Would be cool if somebody made ready updater image, so people would just flash it on sdcard and press update.
Successfully upgraded, pinephone CE, 1.2a, running latest ArchLinuxArm kernel ver 5.9.
Tip: restart device to make sure it is clear of any old executables and data, or it might hang.
I tried running make in the qfirehose_good folder but I got an error that <linux/un.h> was missing. I am currently running pmos and I think it has to do with the fact that alpine uses musl and not glibc. Anyone know of a solution?
(10-30-2020, 09:34 PM)Word5 Wrote: I tried running make in the qfirehose_good folder but I got an error that <linux/un.h> was missing.  I am currently running pmos and I think it has to do with the fact that alpine uses musl and not glibc.  Anyone know of a solution?
You need to install the linux kernel headers from your package manager. Sadly I don't know the procedure on alpine based distributions.
(10-31-2020, 05:12 AM)Subsentient Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:34 PM)Word5 Wrote: I tried running make in the qfirehose_good folder but I got an error that <linux/un.h> was missing.  I am currently running pmos and I think it has to do with the fact that alpine uses musl and not glibc.  Anyone know of a solution?
You need to install the linux kernel headers from your package manager. Sadly I don't know the procedure on alpine based distributions.

Thanks, that does help since now I know I need those headers now.  I can look around on how to do it.  Not much came up about <linux/un.h> so knowing it is a linux kernel header should help

EDIT: Update, the headers were in the linux-headers package and I was able to successfully update the modem
I decided to try installing this in hopes of fixing modem issues (in fact i did it couple of weeks ago), but it did not. I cannot tell if it helps for that thing many others say, missing calls, because i never tried calls so much, but the issue of losing mobile data after waking up from sleep is still present.
(11-03-2020, 05:53 AM)Ph42oN Wrote: I decided to try installing this in hopes of fixing modem issues (in fact i did it couple of weeks ago), but it did not. I cannot tell if it helps for that thing many others say, missing calls, because i never tried calls so much, but the issue of losing mobile data after waking up from sleep is still present.

Yepp,

absolutely no change on the problem of

- not receiving incoming calls
- losing mobile connection after wakeup
- modem completely without function after wakeup

Since weeks NO reliable incoming calls :-(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 32 23,362 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 283 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,158 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,963 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,717 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 99,996 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,770 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 819 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,842 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,122 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega