How long does it take to get a reply in a ticket?
(10-19-2020, 12:39 AM)Veraendert Wrote: Just to make sure: OP, did you remove the plastic cover from the battery contacts?
Yes, of course, the day it arrived. I was using the phone for 3 weeks with no issue.

(10-19-2020, 01:49 AM)lot378 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 03:52 AM)Arehandoro Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote: Please note that once filing Paypal dispute, the case solely pending on Paypal judgement and don't expect me to get involved.

3. Under the consumer rights Act of 2015(UK): Within six months of purchase, it’s up to the retailer to prove that you caused the problem with the goods: if they can’t, they’ll have to repair or replace the goods or give you a refund if that’s not possible.

Just to note UK law applies in the UK.

If an item is bought online in EU you may have some of the same rights as the CRA(2015) (it's academic but Pine64 is looking in to setting up an EU store but the UK has left the EU anyway). If you buy online from a country outside the UK and the EU then the laws of that country usually apply so you would need to look at consumer rights laws that exist in the country that sold you the item.
Thanks, will try to find Hong Kong consumer rights online.
Some ideas:

- Try charging the battery in an external charger
- Try switching the DIPs to UART and seeing if there is any output on the console?
- Acquire a J7 battery and see if it works

I take it no LEDs lighted up after pressing power button?
(10-19-2020, 02:43 AM)lot378 Wrote: Some ideas:

- Try switching the DIPs to UART and seeing if there is any output on the console?

- By external charger do you mean one of those were you insert the battery? If so, I don't have one of those.
- No idea how to do that.
- Will try to get one off Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.

Correct, no LEDs lighted after pressing power button. No noise, no heating. Nothing at all.

Thanks for your help.
"Anyway, now PayPal has denied my claim because the item was sold in "as is" condition, so I am responsible for the purchase amount."

This sucks. Buying from Pine64 shouldn't be some kind of lottery where you either get a great phone or a defective one. And while i fully understand that they do not provide the software and therefore are not responsible for it they should step in if a hardware defect occurs. And if they don't when a PayPal case is opened they should tell you so. In fact, they should reply to emails quickly even if it's just some info that you have to wait for 2 weeks. But to not reply and then to refuse to do anything once a PayPal case is opened seems unfair. To say the least.
(10-19-2020, 11:03 AM)Veraendert Wrote: "Anyway, now PayPal has denied my claim because the item was sold in "as is" condition, so I am responsible for the purchase amount."

Really? this is not the impression I got when I bought mine. I understood we should not complain for small issues (dead pixels) but anything major PayPal should support you.

Have you tried to get a Samsung battery? apparently they are cheap ($10)  and compatible ( https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePhone#Battery )
(10-19-2020, 09:15 AM)Arehandoro Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 02:43 AM)lot378 Wrote: Some ideas:

- By external charger do you mean one of those were you insert the battery? If so, I don't have one of those.
- No idea how to do that.
- Will try to get one off Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.

Correct, no LEDs lighted after pressing power button. No noise, no heating. Nothing at all.

Thanks for your help.

Please PM me your ticket number and I will revisit.
Thanks everyone for your help and support! I will be getting an RMA for the device ^^
(10-21-2020, 05:16 AM)Arehandoro Wrote: Thanks everyone for your help and support! I will be getting an RMA for the device ^^
yeeey

but get another one, you  just had bad luck!!
No doubt about it. The last time i had so much fun was when i got my first RPi.
Glad that this was sorted out.