CANT GET STARTED
I have had my phone for a while now. Im a total beginner and I really need some help to simply boot and start my phone today on my day off work. I have a sim SIM card and a 64G sd card and a MAC running Catalina, I hope someone sees this im sure this easy for you all. SOS
(10-12-2020, 11:58 AM)snow season Wrote: I have had my phone for a while now. Im a total beginner and I really need some help to simply boot and start my phone today on my day off work. I have a sim SIM card and a 64G sd card and a MAC running Catalina, I hope someone sees this im sure this easy for you all. SOS
You do not specify what trouble you are having. So at the risk of insulting intelligence, I break it down very simply:

Open back of phone at the bottom corner with the depression using a guitar pick or small screwdriver. Remove battery. Remove tab covering battery terminals. Insert sim into bottom slot. If you have an OS disk copied to an SD card, insert in top slot. Otherwise, be sure to leave out. Reinsert battery. Put phone cover back on.

Turn phone over, press power switch on for three seconds or until the notification light turns on. Phone will take a while to boot. As long as the light keeps changing colors, you're good. Wait for phone to boot. If light stays red or does not change colors or blink, your phone has stalled out. Press power button for ten seconds until it reboots. Phone should boot. If phone does not boot, you may have the clock speed fault. If this happens, go to Pinephone OS wiki and disk copy mobian to an SD card as instructed. Open case, insert in top slot. Close case and reboot. If that doesn't boot, retry with another OS.  Or search clock speed fix in the forums and apply as directed for lowest clock speed 492. If no OS boots, go to Postmarket builds on pinephone OS wiki. Select factory test build, install to SD as directed. Insert SD in phone and boot. No failures? You're good. Failures? Contact Pine64 for support.

Assuming phone boots, you will likely need to select data on and 2G/3G/4G, and possibly APN settings. Search Pinephone wiki for APN settings and apply for your carrier

If you have a specific problem, give details and someone will be able to help you more thoroughly.
I suggest using Balena Etcher, especially for newbies,  there is a version made for the Mac operating system.

1)  Download and install Balena Etcher

2) Download the operating system you wish to try on your new Pine phone.

* Does your computer have an sd card slot ? or you may need an adapter, such as usb to micro sd card adapter.

3) using the Balena Etcher app. flash your chosen Operating system to the sd card.

4) Insert the sd card into the upper slot inside your Pine phone.

If there is a bootable sd card in the slot, the Pine phone will always boot first from the sd card.

Also :  When you are downloading your operating system,  make note of the needed "Log-in" credentials.
You will need those to log-in
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting started for developers lagrang3 5 1,569 07-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Photo Getting started with Mobian...stuck LG123 5 5,916 03-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Last Post: LG123
  Getting started Mwo87 17 14,396 02-01-2021, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Mwo87
  Any other ham radio folks here? - started a repeater app. programmin 7 8,618 06-25-2020, 10:51 PM
Last Post: programmin