Pine64 tries to boot but shows pixelated box
Hi, first off I am brand new to this. I just got my Pine64 this week. Also, I have a Mac and I have tried putting RemixOS and Android on the SD card with the Mac using Apple Pi Baker. Both times, I see the logo (either android or pine64) and then it shows a box that looks very pixelated. It tries to reboot once and then after that it shuts itself off. 

I just want to make sure I don't have any other problem. I am currently downloading RemixOS on my Windows laptop and I am going to try PhoenixCard. It is a really slow computer so it is taking a much longer time than my Mac did. I just wanted to see if anyone had any quick thoughts about what could be going on.

I'll try to answer as many questions as I can and I am really trying to learn all of this. I'm not new to computers, but I am new to Pine and I am not a developer.

Thank you!
(05-26-2016, 07:24 PM)andreww88 Wrote: Hi, first off I am brand new to this. I just got my Pine64 this week. Also, I have a Mac and I have tried putting RemixOS and Android on the SD card with the Mac using Apple Pi Baker. Both times, I see the logo (either android or pine64) and then it shows a box that looks very pixelated. It tries to reboot once and then after that it shuts itself off. 

I just want to make sure I don't have any other problem. I am currently downloading RemixOS on my Windows laptop and I am going to try PhoenixCard. It is a really slow computer so it is taking a much longer time than my Mac did. I just wanted to see if anyone had any quick thoughts about what could be going on.

I'll try to answer as many questions as I can and I am really trying to learn all of this. I'm not new to computers, but I am new to Pine and I am not a developer.

Thank you!

Please make sure your power supply rate 2A or above. Looks like Pine A64 run in a marginal power condition.
(05-27-2016, 12:22 AM)tllim Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 07:24 PM)andreww88 Wrote: Hi, first off I am brand new to this. I just got my Pine64 this week. Also, I have a Mac and I have tried putting RemixOS and Android on the SD card with the Mac using Apple Pi Baker. Both times, I see the logo (either android or pine64) and then it shows a box that looks very pixelated. It tries to reboot once and then after that it shuts itself off. 

Thank you!

Please make sure your power supply rate 2A or above. Looks like Pine A64 run in a marginal power condition.

I bought the power supply through Pine64 kickstarter campaign.
(05-27-2016, 07:00 AM)andreww88 Wrote:

Thank you!

Please post a photo of the pixelated screen. If possible and you have spare microSD card, please check whetehr stil lbehave the same.
I know what he means, the same hapoens here when i run the android image. Maybe he has the 512mb Model ?
(05-27-2016, 02:52 PM)ShinjiIkari Wrote: I know what he means, the same hapoens here when i run the android image. Maybe he has the 512mb Model ?

Thanks on the head up. If the board is 512MB one, Android and Remix OS not suitable to run on this board. Please try Debian or ArchLinux.
No, I don't have the 512 version. I have the 2GB version.

(05-27-2016, 10:42 AM)tllim Wrote:

Thank you!

Please post a photo of the pixelated screen. If possible and you have spare microSD card, please check whetehr stil lbehave the same.

I tried RemixOS again, this time with a Windows pc. PhoenixCard said it wouldn't work so I downloaded that Win32 program and used it. I don't have another microSD but I did buy this one from Pine64.

Thank you!

(05-27-2016, 04:03 PM)andreww88 Wrote: No, I don't have the 512 version. I have the 2GB version.

(05-27-2016, 10:42 AM)tllim Wrote:

Thank you!

I tried RemixOS again, this time with a Windows pc. PhoenixCard said it wouldn't work so I downloaded that Win32 program and used it. I don't have another microSD but I did buy this one from Pine64.

Thank you!

I'm sorry. I could've sworn I got another version, but I only have the 512 so that explains it. I apologize. I went back and checked and sure enough I do. Crap.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,057 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,491 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,485 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,644 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for PINE64, Model: Sopine A64 lamson 0 1,701 08-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: lamson
  AC Adapter Which One? Pine64 A64 DB V1.1 2GB REV B (Year 2016) databaseprogrammer 2 3,352 06-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,949 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,173 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,103 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,287 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal