Frustration with development pace
(10-09-2020, 05:54 AM)mattpenn Wrote: @bcnaz @RTP

I recently tested Mobian on my Braveheart and if the device is locked/sleeping inbound calls do not ring/wakeup the device. Are you saying you do not suffer from this issue?

This issue I have on ALL implementations of PHOSH I have tested. On UB-Touch sometimes and on plasma-mobile also phone wakes up. On plasma appears no dialogue to take the call....

Sometimes a PHOSH devices wakes up but it lasts 20-30 seconds to receive the call. All callers have given up in between

Best on UB-Touch. If newly started for some hours all is working as excepted.
(10-08-2020, 03:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote: My Pine phones are working !

I do not have missed calls, or undelivered texts,    I do carry a dumb message phone as a secondary back-up because of that possibility.

The while,  I do use the Pine phones as my main phones, they are still in development.  I do use different carriers for each Pine phone to try and see if
  one carrier works better than the other at the same time and conditions.

I do have to sometimes,  restart the phones,  but my previous iphone and Google phones had to be restarted sometimes also... SO ?....

I DO Contribute $ to the Developers also.

Since I am a basic GUI user I cannot contribute code, But, I do help where I can.

So, calls in /out, text in/out are no problem for you?

This is not the message we get from many users, or from @AmazingNutria
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11747
https://tosstalk.com/pinephone/mobian/20...obile.html

I tried to use at least to surf the web with Firefox. It is not practical

I will donate to megi too Smile
Does megi have an account in this forum? I searched by megi but there is no one with this name.

It would be good hear from him, and answer some of our questions, comments, etc
Calls in and out and sms's in works fine on a customized sxmo image. As already communicated in this forum im using AT commands to get it working instead of relying on mmcli. For sms in i have user script to just to kill the modemmanager process and then i toggle modem (sxmo feature) to receive sms. sms out as expected is not working using mmcli and even this can be made to work using AT command but im not using sms out.. sxmo screenlock code which wakes from crust mode when call is received is quite reliable wakes after just 2 dailtones.. so all in all it is possible to make basic functionality work using scripts until mmcli is reliable
(10-09-2020, 12:19 PM)natasha Wrote: Does megi have an account in this forum? I searched by megi but there is no one with this name.

It would be good hear from him, and answer some of our questions, comments, etc
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11525
(10-09-2020, 11:31 AM)daniel Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 03:53 PM)bcnaz Wrote: My Pine phones are working !

I do not have missed calls, or undelivered texts,    I do carry a dumb message phone as a secondary back-up because of that possibility.

The while,  I do use the Pine phones as my main phones, they are still in development.  I do use different carriers for each Pine phone to try and see if
  one carrier works better than the other at the same time and conditions.

I do have to sometimes,  restart the phones,  but my previous iphone and Google phones had to be restarted sometimes also... SO ?....

I DO Contribute $ to the Developers also.

Since I am a basic GUI user I cannot contribute code, But, I do help where I can.

So, calls in /out, text in/out are no problem for you?

This is not the message we get from many users, or from @AmazingNutria
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11747
https://tosstalk.com/pinephone/mobian/20...obile.html

I tried to use at least to surf the web with Firefox. It is not practical

I will donate to megi too Smile

Yes, calls and text work...  Sometimes the audio is less than perfect, but still usable, a little 'scratchy'.
   but sometimes very clear.
   Sometimes during writing a text it flashes back to the log-in screen, not often, but annoying.

Often with a fresh OS, the first 2 - 4 calls will have no ring tone and/or no audio, but after a few
attempts and checking the sound settings, it works after that.

For data you need separate APN's for 3g and 4g,  a bit annoying.

Currently I am contributing to the Mobian fund.

My opinion :  I think many people are using their Pine phones successfully, or you would see hundreds 
of complaints here. Thousands of Pine phones have been sold already.

YES, they have a way to go yet, 

But as I stated before :      "I am just a GUI Linux user"

SO,   IF I can use a Pine phone,  it is not that hard to do.

(Not every release works, and some releases work better than others)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-09-2020, 12:19 PM)natasha Wrote: Does megi have an account in this forum?
Yes, @megous iirc
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(10-09-2020, 01:45 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Yes, calls and text work...  Sometimes the audio is less than perfect, but still usable, a little 'scratchy'.
   but sometimes very clear.
   Sometimes during writing a text it flashes back to the log-in screen, not often, but annoying.

Often with a fresh OS, the first 2 - 4 calls will have no ring tone and/or no audio, but after a few
attempts and checking the sound settings, it works after that.

It would be helpful please if you could tell us what distro and applications you're using where calls and text are working well.

(10-09-2020, 01:45 PM)bcnaz Wrote:  Currently I am contributing to the Mobian fund.

Maybe that answers my question? Smile
(10-09-2020, 05:54 AM)mattpenn Wrote: @bcnaz @RTP

I recently tested Mobian on my Braveheart and if the device is locked/sleeping inbound calls do not ring/wakeup the device. Are you saying you do not suffer from this issue?

"Sometimes", the Brave Heart does seem to take longer than the PMOS phone to wake up.
  But it does show the call... so the call can be returned.
 For me the starting signal strength also seems to be a contributing factor, with a strong signal
The phone seems to wake up faster.
>  (If the caller tries again the call will ring the Brave Heart quickly)

I do have one Brave Heart and 3 PMOS Convergent phones, the Brave Heart does operate a
little different than the PMOS phones.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-07-2020, 06:42 PM)Subsentient Wrote: Thank you for parroting the same unhelpful garbage I've seen written in other threads I lurked on that dared to question the speed of development.

If you have nothing nice to say...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone app development WhiteHexagon 15 4,003 04-23-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jonnyc
  App Development rkveale 4 4,227 05-16-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: axel
Question Where are the development discussions at? mnjm97 2 3,796 08-28-2020, 01:19 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity