PineCube specific info
Summary: 
Other than the limited info on the Wiki page, what are the plans for PineCube information? 

Detail:
Since the developer-edition PineCubes are apparently shipping (at least I have a tracking number), when will some dedicated information area be set up?  So far I don't see any resources other than the short Wiki page.  No Forum and no channels listed on any of the other chat groups (IRC, Discord, etc). 

The cube is a very different device from the other Pine offerings, so some detailed information up front would be very helpful, especially for a device that is " aimed solely for development purpose only and not a ready-to-use end product". 

If units are actually in shipping, it would be nice to have some useful centralized development info before they actually start showing  up on doorsteps.

Currently, the wiki page only describes getting and building the BSP, a process that I'm still trying to get to work (not finding the arm cc1, which is there, but I haven't found the right place to fix the paths in the ... very ... convoluted Android build system.  I'd really hoped there would be a pure-linux development path that didn't have to deal with an Android BSP, but I've learned to live with disappointment.
It's up to the community to document the processes and possibilities, unless it's an official Pine64 effort at building software for it. If the wiki feels insufficient, improve it.
(10-10-2020, 06:14 PM)Avamander Wrote: It's up to the community to document the processes and possibilities, unless it's an official Pine64 effort at building software for it. If the wiki feels insufficient, improve it.

It was my hope that my query would result in someone pointing out where the info-to-date was located, since there has to be more useful info that what is on the wiki page.  Possibly some forum I had overlooked or a channel on one of the chat groups.  Or at least a "we haven't set that up yet, but hope to have something before people start getting the units" message.  Foolish me.
I'll probably be proved wrong by a new subforum being adding five minues after I post this, but suspect there won't be anything beyond the Wiki page and the Discord #cube thread for the immediate future, or at until developers or other early-adopters ask for something more to be done Wink
Discord has some activity at least. So far there isn't a lot that can run on it, so unless you're a kernel developer you may find the experience limited. I understand there is an android build but haven't tried it yet. May load it on there just to fiddle a bit.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(10-06-2020, 10:53 AM)wood Wrote: Summary: 
Other than the limited info on the Wiki page, what are the plans for PineCube information? 

Detail:
Since the developer-edition PineCubes are apparently shipping (at least I have a tracking number), when will some dedicated information area be set up?  So far I don't see any resources other than the short Wiki page.  No Forum and no channels listed on any of the other chat groups (IRC, Discord, etc). 

The cube is a very different device from the other Pine offerings, so some detailed information up front would be very helpful, especially for a device that is " aimed solely for development purpose only and not a ready-to-use end product". 

If units are actually in shipping, it would be nice to have some useful centralized development info before they actually start showing  up on doorsteps.

Currently, the wiki page only describes getting and building the BSP, a process that I'm still trying to get to work (not finding the arm cc1, which is there, but I haven't found the right place to fix the paths in the ... very ... convoluted Android build system.  I'd really hoped there would be a pure-linux development path that didn't have to deal with an Android BSP, but I've learned to live with disappointment.

Looks like they have updated the Wiki page today. I've been wanting to get one of these but am a newbie to Linux, so I'm waiting to see comments from people once they get them set up. I Also am interested in seeing what kind of cases people come up with for it.
Hi @wood ,

PineCube is in really in early progress, since developers received devkits only few weeks ago. At the moment, only operating system camdroid made by SoC manufacturer. It's hard to use, but anyway, I posted up a way how to compile it on the wiki. Also, mainlining for PineCube is already on progress.

I'm trying to share all my work about PineCube at wiki or Discord (which is bridged to Matrix, Telegram and Matrix), so here you can track the status.
(10-15-2020, 08:29 AM)gamelaster Wrote: Hi @wood ,

PineCube is in really in early progress, since developers received devkits only few weeks ago. At the moment, only operating system camdroid made by SoC manufacturer. It's hard to use, but anyway, I posted up a way how to compile it on the wiki. Also, mainlining for PineCube is already on progress.

I'm trying to share all my work about PineCube at wiki or Discord (which is bridged to Matrix, Telegram and Matrix), so here you can track the status.

Awesome, thumbs up !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pre-purchaser info MattBSG 1 2,441 04-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Tarjei85