Back cover with UBPorts logo cracked
My original UBPorts back cover cracked after opening around 10 times.  I have since replaced it with a no-logo back cover, and there have been no issues at all.  

I have a wild theory that the heat treatment from the logo imprint may weaken portions of the back cover.  This is completely unsubstantiated by evidence, just an idea really.

I am posting here just for information purposes only.  If anyone else experiences back cover cracking, feel free to reply to this thread.  

You can see that it it happened right at the right side retainer post, directly under the power button.  So it could also be a simple manufacturing defect.

Two images attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There were several reports of the Brave Heart back cover cracking in a similar way so it's probably not the logo application. Given the cost of tooling for injection moulding it's probably a weakness we'll have to live with.
(10-06-2020, 04:15 AM)wibble Wrote: There were several reports of the Brave Heart back cover cracking in a similar way so it's probably not the logo application. Given the cost of tooling for injection moulding it's probably a weakness we'll have to live with.

The braveheart edition did not have a logo?
My Brave Heart has no logo on the back cover, and I don't remember seeing one in any of the photos. The only logo is on the phone itself, between the camera and the flash LED. The 'Community Edition' batches have had a logo on the cover matching the community project they're supporting I think.
(10-05-2020, 11:23 PM)Phillip Bell Wrote: My original UBPorts back cover cracked after opening around 10 times.  I have since replaced it with a no-logo back cover, and there have been no issues at all.  

I have a wild theory that the heat treatment from the logo imprint may weaken portions of the back cover.  This is completely unsubstantiated by evidence, just an idea really.

I am posting here just for information purposes only.  If anyone else experiences back cover cracking, feel free to reply to this thread.  

You can see that it it happened right at the right side retainer post, directly under the power button.  So it could also be a simple manufacturing defect.

Two images attached.

The logo is stamp printing, there is no heat treatment,
Since this is a phone that we all open hundreds of times, some thing should be done on the cover. Maybe thicker? mine (UBports) also start cracking, since then I am trying to be very careful everytime I removed. MAybe someone has find a fix. superglue?
If you don't mind the cosmetics I've had reasonable results in the past with superglue and strands of glass fibre for compact repair or reinforcement.
Mine (Mobian CE) cracked 2nd day between volume / power buttons (buttons fell off). Very disappointing indeed Sad I can't even order a replacement back cover atm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Alternative Designs or Materials for the Back Cover? BMayes 2 496 12-18-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: BMayes
  Replacement screen disconnects after back frame is screwed on robthebold 4 1,248 10-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: robthebold
  Back cover plastic woes mteagles1942 6 6,449 03-28-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: NormandC
Question Approximate leadtime for when the 3GB/32GB mainboard is back in stock? NormandC 2 3,073 12-15-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: NormandC
  Case backing with no logo Phillip Bell 6 6,902 11-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: plarkinjr
  Could information be printed on the inside back cover? desca 0 1,362 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM
Last Post: desca
  BraveHeart UbPorts Battery drain/Solder update Vlodka 2 3,469 10-04-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Vlodka
  Modem UBports edition Celluar not working FOSSagent0 18 19,517 08-15-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
Question UBports Edition Flashing eMMC slow speeds FOSSagent0 0 1,750 08-12-2020, 07:03 AM
Last Post: FOSSagent0
  New UBports edition - black screen (backlight) only BBreeziN 11 13,342 08-10-2020, 05:17 AM
Last Post: wibble