Dismiss notification button or gesture?
Very often, I just want the notifications to go away.  It appears the only way to do that is to enter the app for each and every notification?  A swipe, or a "dismiss all" button at the bottom would be great!
Seconded. I think a workaround for a lot of these issues would be to create a desktop icon that executes a command. So if there's a terminal command that will dismiss all notifications, we could then assign that.

Ideally, it wouldn't actually dismiss my reminders, but just remove the notifications. When I update or snooze something on my CalDAV server, or change the date, this doesn't remove the notification that's aleady popped up on Mobian. So I don't want to dismiss something that's already been snoozed.
Known issue upstream, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have gotten much attention.
Hello there,

found myself in a similar situation with a lot of notifications. With some digging, I put the following script together - dirty hack, I know, but it does the trick for at least 50 notifications. Everything after takes a lot of time to loop around.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in {1..50}
  do
    gdbus call --session --dest org.freedesktop.Notifications --object-path /org/freedesktop/Notifications --method org.freedesktop.Notifications.CloseNotification $i
  done
exit 0

But since the notification server is counting up and restarting only with Phosh restarting, the numbers go higher with every notification.

I also tried a detecting approach

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in {1..10}
  do
    output=$(dbus-monitor "interface='org.freedesktop.Notifications'") & gdbus call --session --dest org.freedesktop.Notifications --object-path /org/freedesktop/Notifications --method org.freedesktop.Notifications.CloseNotification $i & pkill dbus-monitor
    if ! grep -q NameLost <<< $output; then
      break
    fi
  done
echo 'done'
exit 0

But this fails, since the ouput of dbus-monitor of an existing&closed notification is similar to a non-existing&fake-closed notification. And the script is getting slower...

But feel free to play around with the second script code.

My next steps will be some double if-conditions... Maybe.

Cheers
I loathe the notification system in Phosh. It's terrible. I seldom need to open the apps which give notification. I simply need the notification.

Evidently the developers do not have calendar notifications. We can dismiss apps with swipes. No reason that notifications should not be removable by swipes.

I'm debating simply turning notifications off for certain applications at this point.
This is basic functionality. I don't get how the developer of said notifications can write the code to display it, but not have it dawn on them to write a method to dismiss them?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System won't suspend due to suspention notification user641 6 1,190 09-24-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: user641
  Pinephone incoming call / SMS notification no ringing / notification volume dcinoz 3 2,743 06-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  volume button bug vusra 2 1,520 05-18-2022, 04:07 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Notification light when entering low power Barugon 5 3,369 11-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Last Post: beta-user
  Some apps don't have refresh button lsitongia 3 2,449 09-22-2021, 08:21 AM
Last Post: wibble
  A clear all button for notifications is coming! ragreenburg 0 1,272 08-13-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Default SMS app send button off screen in vertical orientation motox6 0 1,202 05-22-2021, 02:55 PM
Last Post: motox6
  gnome-contacts not showing call nor sms button cafe 2 2,662 02-11-2021, 01:31 AM
Last Post: cafe
  SMS notification inconsistent and Wifi issue (waking up?) dcinoz 12 9,036 01-21-2021, 04:20 AM
Last Post: dcinoz