Correct setup for u-boot and fstab ? Device not booting
I am trying to boot from eMMC and no I did not flash uBoot into SPI and everything is on the same card, but divided in 3 partitions (boot=ext2 / root=ext4 / swap)

My extlinux.conf is as below
Code:
TIMEOUT 2
PROMPT 1
DEFAULT debian

LABEL debian
MENU LABEL Debian
KERNEL /vmlinuz
INITRD /initrd.img
DEVICETREEDIR /dtbs
APPEND console=tty1 root=LABEL=root rw rootwait

I have not tried to boot from SD-Card, will do next week when I have more time on hand.
Do you have some strange characters in the file or something similar? The contents itself look okay to me. Did you change something in u-boot when compiling it such as removing support for extlinux or the like? At least these messages seem to indicate that uboot does not know what the commands in the extlinux.conf mean:

Code:
Retrieving file: /extlinux/extlinux.conf
191 bytes read in 2 ms (92.8 KiB/s)
Ignoring unknown command: MENULABEL
Ignoring unknown command: KERNEL
Ignoring unknown command: INITRD
Ignoring unknown command: DEVICETREEDIR
Ignoring unknown command: APPEND

One thing you could try would be entering the relevant commands by hand on the command line and see if it boots then for you.
Tried with an SD-Card and it behaves exactly the same, won't parse extlinux.conf.

I have checked the file in nano and could not see any strange symbols or similar, only plain text.

And I use stock u-boot without any modification, direct from source/github.

Huh
@as365n4 That's really strange. Did you try with an older uboot version as well? I will try to reproduce the issue once I free my eMMC module (I currently use it on my rockpro64 but plan to switch to microSD this weekend).
@as365n4 I just tried with the latest build I just finished (using Debian instead of Devuan this time). No issues with u-boot, it just boots fine (tried using eMMC). Would it help if I send you my u-boot image?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to boot any armbian linux vicsanca 6 2,345 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: JGwinner