PineA64 512 reboot - board shut down
Hi,

I got the backed pine64 512, pretty exited tried to boot using the Debian image provided but no success with all the attempts
1. Used 5V 2amp adapator with cable the Red led goes of after some time
2. Changed cables as per the support from luke and bought 24 AWG cable the board keeps rebooting for couple of times and shuts down completely
3. The power management IC heats up like its going to blow up, but good it has the functionality of shutting down crossing certain temperature ..
4. Strongly feel there is an hardware issue with the 512 what I have received and nothing to do with the power when it is able to boot up Pi3 with the same adaptor
5. tried with 65 and 101 images, no results even after multiple booting
6. no other peripherals connected, still no success
7. Connected only ethernet, but still no success with same results
8. Have checked the serial output during boot it stops at cooling the cpu and shuts down with RED LED going off

can somebody suggest or help here to resolve the issue
indrajith and I have gone through common troubleshooting option together and nothing seems to work unfortunately. All and any suggestions are welcome at this point.

[edit] moved the thread to First time Boot up Issues
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-26-2016, 09:27 AM)Luke Wrote: indrajith and I have gone through common troubleshooting option together and nothing seems to work unfortunately. All and any suggestions are welcome at this point.

[edit] moved the thread to First time Boot up Issues

If already supported by IRC and still confirm cannot work. Please PM me with KS number, address, and phone number (for shipping purpose), I will arrange for replacement.
I have the same issue, yesterday morning i tried to boot with debian, it started, the wifi connected, started the browser, while the cpu working it shut down.
The second time, at browsering a new shut down and led off.
These night i retried, i thinked that a lower ambient temperature will help. But no, this time my pine A64 (basic) shut down at login.
I waited from February my pine a64 please tell me it's not broken!
(07-05-2016, 05:48 PM)rickinca84 Wrote: I have the same issue, yesterday morning i tried to boot with debian, it started, the wifi connected, started the browser, while the cpu working it shut down.
These night i retried, i thinked that a lower ambient temperature will help. But no, this time my pine A64 (basic) shut down at login.

Before jumping to any conclusions, what PSU are you using and what is the AWG of the micro USB cable ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-06-2016, 04:47 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 05:48 PM)rickinca84 Wrote: I have the same issue, yesterday morning i tried to boot with debian, it started, the wifi connected, started the browser, while the cpu working it shut down.

Before jumping to any conclusions, what PSU are you using and what is the AWG of the micro USB cable ?

resolved: you were right
Hi, I got my Pine A64+ 1GB with a Wi-Fi add on card. I bought an INR 300 worth duplicate Samsung power adapter rated 5V 2.0A. I also bought an 8GB Sandisk Micro SD Card Class 4. I am having following issues: 1. The default image for an 8GB SD Card on the Pine64 downloads link is not getting written on the SD Card. I tried with Win32 Disk Writer tool and it kept saying that the image size is more than the SD Card size. The SD Card when formatted under Windows 7 shows usable space of 7.2 GB. I then had to use the Phoenix Image and used the Phoenix Card utility to do the Android 5.1 image burn. It was successful. 2. After the first boot into Android the board, I configured my Wi-Fi and connected to the internet. I connected a wired mouse and keyboard. Downloaded Youtube. As soon I clicked to play the YouTube app the screen went blank. The HDMI signal for still there but nothing was happening. I re-booted the device by powering off and on. This time it showed me a message that Android apps are being optimized during boot. Few minuted after the boot the device turned off automatically. No mouse or keyboard was connected. I re-did the SD card with a fresh Android image but now I am having random screen going blank or the power LED itself going off after few minutes into the boot. I touched and realized that the A64 microprocessor was hot. Kindly provide me inputs in solving this, as I am already considering this as a failed investment. Also can you give details of the adapter that you are using Make, Model, Link to Buy and Price in India/Mumbai. This may be a power issue, but I am not sure. Please help. PS: It was dumb of me to buy the 1GB version, since later while searching the images I read that the Remix OS is suited for the 2GB version and will lag in performance on the 1GB model. Damn shame.
(07-28-2016, 01:43 PM)Mohit B Wrote: Hi, I got my Pine A64+ 1GB with a Wi-Fi add on card. I bought an INR 300 worth duplicate Samsung power adapter rated 5V 2.0A. I also bought an 8GB Sandisk Micro SD Card Class 4. I am having following issues: 1. The default image for an 8GB SD Card on the Pine64 downloads link is not getting written on the SD Card. I tried with Win32 Disk Writer tool and it kept saying that the image size is more than the SD Card size. The SD Card when formatted under Windows 7 shows usable space of 7.2 GB. I then had to use the Phoenix Image and used the Phoenix Card utility to do the Android 5.1 image burn. It was successful. 2. After the first boot into Android the board, I configured my Wi-Fi and connected to the internet. I connected a wired mouse and keyboard. Downloaded Youtube. As soon I clicked to play the YouTube app the screen went blank. The HDMI signal for still there but nothing was happening. I re-booted the device by powering off and on. This time it showed me a message that Android apps are being optimized during boot. Few minuted after the boot the device turned off automatically. No mouse or keyboard was connected. I re-did the SD card with a fresh Android image but now I am having random screen going blank or the power LED itself going off after few minutes into the boot. I touched and realized that the A64 microprocessor was hot. Kindly provide me inputs in solving this, as I am already considering this as a failed investment. Also can you give details of the adapter that you are using Make, Model, Link to Buy and Price in India/Mumbai. This may be a power issue, but I am not sure. Please help. PS: It was dumb of me to buy the 1GB version, since later while searching the images I read that the Remix OS is suited for the 2GB version and will lag in performance on the 1GB model. Damn shame.

See my reply to this message in the other thread you posted it in, here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOQUARTZ Compute module W does not fit Raspberry Pi CM4 dev board ihab 0 1,485 10-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ihab
  PSCI, u-boot and reboot on Sopine ClusterBoard hbaxmann 0 2,302 09-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: hbaxmann
  Install OS on RAID1 thanks to dual SATA board? Thatoo 12 15,173 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Thatoo
  Any success working with OpenCV on the PineA64? Tonny91 0 2,415 10-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Tonny91
  My first Single Board! jjh221 4 6,629 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jjh221
  sopine cluster board install Smurfbot 1 4,318 03-31-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  What is the format that one should use for imaging SD cards on APINE64+2GB Board? Doryan 1 3,454 03-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Which board to use? Dayve 0 2,246 02-18-2018, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Dayve
  Kodi on Rock64 board cenguix 2 8,759 02-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor
  What are these pins on PIN board? dims 1 3,194 01-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Luke