Motherboards - backward compatibility - availability!
@tllim said "The PinePhone CE edition mainboard will be released as spare part once the software getting more mature and tested. Probably late Q4 or early 2021".

I have enthusiastically evaporated unreasonable quantities of time with a (possibly hardware related) issue that apparently has no domestic user solution.
Will a suitable replacement motherboard be available for the UBPorts edition phone or do I have to get back in the queue for a new one?
(09-29-2020, 06:20 AM)--- Wrote: @tllim said "The PinePhone CE edition mainboard will be released as spare part once the software getting more mature and tested. Probably late Q4 or early 2021".

I have enthusiastically evaporated unreasonable quantities of time with a (possibly hardware related) issue that apparently has no domestic user solution.
Will a suitable replacement motherboard be available for the UBPorts edition phone or do I have to get back in the queue for a new one?

The PinePhone v1.2a spare mainboard will be available on end of Q4 (this quarter).
November 2, 2020

The revision 1.2b is now available, but only to original Brave Heart and UBPorts phone owners.
As a bonus it is the 3gb ram and 32gb eMMC mainboard !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-02-2020, 02:01 PM)bcnaz Wrote: November 2, 2020

The revision 1.2b is now available, but only to original Brave Heart and UBPorts phone owners.
As a bonus it is the 3gb ram and 32gb eMMC mainboard  !
I've just received mine. however, I got some problems with it lol the phone won't turn on. I'm using a UBPorts CE Pinephone. Even if I flashed an OS to an SD card the device won't boot.

Then when I put the previous mainboard. It's working fine. I'm currently lurking on all forums to find an answer. haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PCB source availability?? profmuldrey 7 5,216 01-26-2021, 08:33 AM
Last Post: fsflover