Should reputation up/down votes be removed?
Yes - remove up/down votes
56.25%
No - keep up/down votes
43.75%
32 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we get rid of reputation up/down votes?
(09-25-2020, 03:24 PM)hmuller Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 12:28 PM)Luke Wrote: As per discussion in another thread, I'd like the community's input on whether we should remove users ability to up/down "reputation".
It appears that this system has been abused recently.

When I look at your "480" reputation, I see 480 "thank you"s. I think that if the system has been abused, then the abuser should lose the privilege or ability to modify reputation.

That's my minor opinion =)
Agree. Moreover, reputation also gives you an idea if the advice you are getting from someone is from a person who is respected in the forum or from a troublemaker, etc

It is actually helpful. Otherwise, let's remove the number of posts, the joining day, and even the user name.

As said by others, if someone is using downvoting just to attack others, that person should be removed.

If the community grows, and 0.001% of users are a pain, then moderators should do their work. If you need moderators, I am sure you can find volunteers. Sure, you would pick people with a high reputation... ha!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we get rid of reputation up/down votes? - by natasha - 09-30-2020, 05:43 PM